Courtyard Hong Kong
USD 149
  • Restaurant
Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
USD 126
  • Restaurant
Royal Plaza Hotel(Hong Kong)
USD 158
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
USD 204
USD 195
Hotel ICON(Hong Kong)
USD 216
  • Pool
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
USD 214
USD 175
USD 157
USD 121
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
USD 147
  • Pool
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
USD 144
USD 98
Hotel Direct
1,534 results
All reviewscourtyard marriottwater streetmomo cafethe executive loungehku mtr stationfree shuttletram stopconnaught roadharbour viewsai ying punkennedy townsheung wanhotel shuttleairport expressmacau ferry terminalcentral areacircle k
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The CY HK is a nice comfortable hotel with very good service, well kept and comfortable rooms. It is not located in the busy tourist area of HK (which I preferred) but is close to everything and very easy to get to via taxi, tram or even walking. I easily walked up to Hollywood Road and the start of Queens Road is just a few blocks away from the hotel. The location is in a local area which is nice to walk around in and was safe too. Like many international CY's they have a concierge level for members with hot breakfast and evening food served. This is a very nice option especially for business travelers and the food was quite good.
The staff was professional, kind and very helpful, the front desk, concierge level staff and housekeeping take pride in their work.
I do recommend this hotel. Hope this helps, safe travels everyone!

Room Tip: A room with a view of the water
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Chris L, Director of Rooms at Courtyard Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear MI6007

We appreciate you taking time to share with us your experience while at our hotel. Thank you for your comments. I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and to produce great experiences for our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel stay experience. We will ensure that your future stay are as memorable as of your second time.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

The Courtyard by Marriott Hong Kong is one of the less desirable Marriott properties in Hong Kong, it is located at a local residence district with close proximity to Hong Kong University. The room here is notorious for being small but it is of decent Hong Kong standards, AKA, something similar to express inns in Europe.

The hotel is not very conveniently located, but they do offer free shuttle bus to the Sky Pier and Hong Kong Station for MTR. Alternatively a cheaper way would be to take the bus A10 or A12 to the block around the hotel which set you around 42.5 HKD.

I went to the hotel at 10 in the morning, thus I was not expecting them to have any room ready, not to mention an upgrade. I've used the Marriott app chat feature to ask for the possibility of a suite upgrade if they have such inventories, it was informed that this property only has five suites, and all of them are occupied at the date of my check-in; thus I went to the app to found out that what they replied was the real case as it did state so on their website that the property comes with five suites and the booking for a suite at the date of my check-in doesn't feature a suite option.

Read the full review at AlbertAviation.com

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank AlbertAviation
Chris L, Director of Rooms at Courtyard Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear AlbertAviation

Reviewed 14 May 2018

The check in process was quick and easy, and the room was very nice. I had a problem in my room about an hour into my stay. I've never seen a staff more responsive and accommodating. within 5 minutes they had me moved to a new room (the ceiling was leaking because another guest had fallen asleep and their tub had overflowed and destroyed the room). Everyone was apologetic, responsive and helpful. How good service is is often measured by how crisis and problems are resolved, and I could not have asked for a better resolution. I look forward to my next stay at this property.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Sam R

Reviewed 11 May 2018

The CY Hong Kong is a very nice-looking hotel located about 2 miles west of Hong Kong's central business district. While the hotel is very average in many ways, a few small touches help bring the rating up to four stars.

Number one is the staff. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful at every turn, especially the staff in the executive lounge.

And speaking of the executive lounge, it's worth the upcharge on the nightly rate to get yourself access to the lounge. Breakfast in the morning is pretty decent, and a different menu each night for "snacks" (which can easily substitute for dinner) keep it from getting boring. One downside to the executive lounge is that it can fill up fairly quickly, and people tend to linger for long periods enjoying a few glasses of wine -- and sometimes they run out of food. So if you want to enjoy, you should plan on arriving very early.

The rooms themselves are pretty basic -- and tiny, even by Hong Kong standards. Don't expect a room much larger than the bed, with only about a foot of room around the bed frame to navigate around the room. There's very little storage to speak of and the closet is also pretty small, so if you're a single traveler you'll be fine, but if you're a couple you should expect to be on each others' nerves within a few hours' of arrival.

The hotel restaurant is just fair. They really, really try to push you into eating at the buffet rather than ordering off the menu. The buffet is a little overpriced and not that extensive, but the ala carte menu is sufficient. If you get the burger be aware that Hong Kongers like their beef very, very rare. It might even moo when you bite into it.

A few other points:

* Cleanliness is great. Rooms and common areas are always kept very clean.
* Hong Kong is very, very humid, so expect your room to smell a little moist from time to time, especially if housekeeping turns off your AC while you're out.
* Don't bother paying the extra money for a harbor view, it's cloudy most of the time and you won't really see anything.
* The hotel is in an older, more traditional neighborhood in Hong Kong, so you should be expected to be surrounded by dim sum restaurants and noodle shops, laundries and fisheries -- and not all of them have English menus (check with the hotel concierge before you head out for recommendations).
* Public transportation options are fantastic, with the MTR subway only a 10 minute walk away, and the venerable Hong Kong tram just outside the hotel's front door.

So if you're looking for a budget(ish) hotel in Hong Kong and want to immerse yourself in the local culture, I highly recommend the Courtyard. If you want a more Western-style experience (e.g. a big room that you can move around in), then you might be better off elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2018

Dear ChiTownLGBTTraveler

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Nice Hotel great staff very attentive. Great location you can walk to the MTR or trolleys. Hotel is a on Hong Kong Island you can use the Star Ferry to go to Harbor City. Hotel has a shuttle for guest. Hotel has 2 eating area’s on the 2 floor and 6th floor for executive level hotel members but if not you can purchase an upgrade. The one draw back is no airport shuttle but you can take the airport express train to central station and then take the MTR and walk a block or 2 to the hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple