“Over hyped, food is average”

Mr Wong's Restaurant
Ranked #199 of 11,791 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Neighbourhood: Mong Kok
Neighbourhood: Mong Kok
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Came here last month, in my opinion the food is average. ( also some dishes were served luke warm )

I won't be back.

However there customer service was friendly.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Had dinner with friends /best place free plenty of beets &delicious food I love the broccoli as chicken wings

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We've been in Hong Kong for 4 days now and we've eaten some bad food, but I never puked until I ate at “Mr Wong“. The place was crowded with drunk tourists and when we wanted to order Mr Wong didn't explain the menue, but told us our vegetarian food options. He couldn't believe that someone wouldn't eat meat and drink beer and repeatedly offered it to us. A few minutes later the food arrived and we discovered that everything he said was now on our table, even though we didn't agreed. When I tried the dumplings, which clearly where from the supermarket next door, I tasted something unfamiliar. It turned out that he intentionally gave us dumplings with meat. He just laughed it off. The rest of the food wasn't so good either, the broccoli was drowned in a terrible tasting sauce and the rice was really hard. We also had a plate of scrambled eggs with tomatos for some reason. We left without eating much and even had to pack the food for take away by ourself. ( We had to pay 120$ for 2 persons.) I have never felt so sick in my life. Especially for vegetarians I strongly advise against going to and eating at this restaurant. But its relatively cheap to drink beer there so you can easily put on your beer goggles and drink it better.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This is an amazing place in case you are looking to taste some authentic Chinese food. We had the fish fillet with sweet corn and shrimp with cashew nuts, as the main course. The owners are not fluent in English but told us that we can buy fresh fish from the market and they would cook it for us. Don't miss. People from India, you will find it interesting having tasted the Indian Chinese food.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

It was by complete luck we found this place as we looked on TripAdvisor for closet restaurant to our location and it was Mr Wongs (Note it does not say Mr Wongs outside the restaurant, its only Chinese writing so a little difficult to find) and it really was one of the most entertaining meals I have ever had. Mr Wong is a hoot!! There are no English menus so he just names out a few things and you say "yes or no" :) He then asks if you want beer or milk (as a joke). He came to our table with 6 beers (there was 2 of us only!) and they just kept coming throughout our meal. The food was standard authentic food, no frills but I highly recommend it for the entertainment factor plus it's basically £8 for loads of food and all you can drink beer! Brilliant! Love Mr Wong!!!

1  Thank KerryTMQ