“Awesome chippie ”

Ranked #473 of 11,353 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Neighbourhood: Mid Levels
Neighbourhood: Mid Levels
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This place is just as good as, or to be honest, even better than any fish and chip shop in the UK. We tried the battered cod, battered sausage and chips and all were delicious and cooked to perfection. The guy that owns the place is very friendly and gives you honest and helpful options on your order. There is also a little sitting area for you to sit and watch the world go by while you have your meal. This place won’t disappoint.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Well, you should just skip reading this review and just go there! Seriously, just do it! That would be my honest advice!! I have been living in Asia for 4 years, traveled extensively during that time, fancy placed and cheaper places but hands down I have never had fish and chips as good as these anywhere in Asia!! Matt the guy that owns the place knows his stuff, a light batter, I reckon 50% beer batter and 50% tempura batter, responsibly sourced fish from the cold southern ocean around New Zealand and nicely light brown proper chips with the skin on, you are on to a winner. I am genuinely surprised that this place doesn't have a queue out the door and down the street, especially on a Sunday night!! Great food, good proper beers in the Fridge, Moa Lager complimented the Blue Cod well!! II had the Blue Cod and Chips, I ate the lot and had another go, Matt asked if I was still hungry, I just told the truth, not hungry just that I was greedy for more!! Will go back again, probably too soon for my diet but it was that good. Nice one.......

2  Thank JSF1969
Reviewed 22 February 2018

The fish and chips were freshly cooked and were delicious. The fish is imported from NZ. We had blue cod on one occasion and snapper on another - both were superb. There was also salmon and oysters for sale. You can choose your fish and the owner, Matthew, will cook it. There is a small sit in area. The staff are extremely friendly. An all round tremendous experience. We’ll be back when we next visit Hong Kong.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Super simple and causal setting, small, eat in (on simple bar stools) and take away. Super quality seafood prepared to your liking. Amazing quality, friendly service, reasonably priced (including booze). The NZ owner is very friendly and helpful; will be back soon!!! This is probably the best kept secret in Hong Kong!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Purest and sea fresh salmon and snapper I have ever had.
Excellent Fish and Ships.
Owner himself in charge.
Good beer and NZ vines.

Occasionally also Finnish white vine served, on special request.