All reviewskwai fongunlimited local callsbasic needsoctopus cardgood nights sleepweek staysuperior roomhk standardschinese new yearon hong kong islandhigher floorairport buspublic transportmobile phoneharbour viewsupermaketkettle
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Breakfast they just give 2 bread and you cannot even take 3, and can take an apple and a drink.You cannot take an apple and a banana.You cannot take a yogurt,eventhough they have it they dont give you.
I have stayed in so many hotels worldwide and this is the first time in a hotel how breakfast is rationed and guests are asked to stand in a queue to get this.Especially the hotel staff Danny and Ben are quite rude to the Hotel guests.
If you stay there for more than 2 days then they will not replace room slippers/tooth brush etc.
Not a good stay.

Room Tip: Can choose better hotels which has a proper breakfast rather than this
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is an interesting accommodation option. Not quite a hotel or guesthouse nor Airbnb, but is reasonably priced in an OK location.

This is a bare-bones hotel. There is reception staff who can answer basic questions, but don't expect concierge service. We found the reception staff to be competent in executing our requests (we wanted two separate bookings to be combined into one so we could stay in the same room for the entire duration of our stay).

Rooms are small by western standards but are typical of many hotels in Hong Kong. This works well if you don't plan to spend much time in the room. There is a gym and pool, but getting access can be a hassle. There is housekeeping and wifi access in the room that I booked.

I definitely recommend a room on a higher floor away from the elevators (although there were a few mornings we were woken up by mainland Chinese tourists getting an early start). We did not have breakfast in the hotel as we found we had more food options in Kwai Fong or Tsing Yi. There are some shops in the first level (7-11, small supermaket, Watsons) to satisfy basic needs.

The hotel is a little out of the way if you are spending most of your time on Hong Kong Island or TST. It is actually in a safe, residential neighbourhood, away from the MTR stations. We did not catch the free shuttle as service was infrequent; we relied mainly on the minibus which was quick and available for most of the day. As to getting to and from the airport, we took the A32 bus as we did not have too much luggage.

The main thing going for this hotel is the price. For guesthouse price, we got to stay in a basic hotel in an OK location with housekeeping service. We paid less than some what some other Airbnb's would have charged (granted they were in a better location) and definitely less than what any chain hotel would have charged. If you book direct on the hotel's website, there are often promotional rates that you can take advantage of (stay two nights, third night free; reduced rate for ten day advance booking). Rates can vary quite a bit based on the time of the year as the hotel is quite dependent on Mainland tourists.

This may not meet the needs and expectations for everyone, but it worked for us and we would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2018

After reading bad reviews about this hotel, I decided to first visit it because I could not believe it was that bad. It was an excelente idea. The hotel is very good. I stayed on the 29th floor for the first 3 days. Then I stayed 11 more nights. The room is big enough. Great view of the port and bay. There is a mini mall on level L1 with 7evelen, supermaket, 2 restaurants and other stores. You can get a bus to Kuai Fong station, around 10 minutes from the hotel, and from there the subway can take you anywhere in HKG. There are two things I could complain, although it really would not prevent me from going there again. The room service - cleaning, etc - is not that good. And there is no heating. It was winter time, I had to ask for extra blankets. Breakfast is not include, but you can pay for a buffet. It costs around 40HKD. WiFi IS free on every floor. They also provide a handheld that allows unlimited local calls and internet. You can share the internet with you mobile phone when yo go out. I would say this is a very good option at a very good cost. I would definitely stay there again and again.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Viramo Gilberto P
Reviewed 16 February 2018

The rooms are modern and the price is very reasonable. However, there is no room service available and there are only two restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is near HKIA so it is great if you are looking for somewhere to just spend the night the airport.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank MIO86
Reviewed 2 February 2018

The first impression was bad broken furnitures in the reception area, the room was smell of damp, mould on bed sheet, we have change room at the middle of night because it like something are biting us. My advice to anyone keep away from this hotel.

Stayed: November 2017