Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
USD 127
eDreamsUSD 127
Orbitz.comUSD 127
NovotelUSD 127
5,209 results
All reviews cable car close to the airport outlet mall big buddha free shuttle lantau island tung chung ngong ping airport hotel premier lounge minutes from the airport shopping centre welcome drink direct access late check shuttle service long flight
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Stayed here for one night while in transit.

Hotel is close to Hong Kong airport, the hotel provides a free shuttle bus (go to counter B16 at the arrivals area of the airport on arrival). Outlet shopping centre under the hotel.

Lobby area etc all very nice - all in all a very modern hotel.

Room was excellent - very modern, comfortable bed, great shower, easy to control air conditioning.

Buffet breakfast had a large selection that was a great start to the day.

I'd say if you're in HK for shopping and sight seeing this hotel may be a bit out of the way, but if you're here in transit or are looking for nice accom close to the airport this is a real hotel of choice.

Finally all the staff were very nice, efficent and wanting to help.
I'd certainly stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2011

• Trip type: Travelled solo
NovotelCitygate, Management at Novotel Citygate Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Reviewed 9 September 2011

A nice, seemingly new airport hotel that is convenient if you arrive late at night and just want to crash or need to depart early. Clean, attractive rooms, nice king size bed.

However, I was very disappointed with the internet. VERY slow service. Useless to watch any video on Youtube, Was trying to catch up on a few minutes of news by video. Was impossible. Also, they charge $120 HKD for the internet, typical for this sort of hotel (about $15 US). But, this for each computer. So, when I tried to log onto the internet with my Ipad after using the laptop, the system notified me that you will have to pay again. That's a rip off. And, especially with the substandard SLOW connection, they should not be charging twice.

Improve your internet service folks, the airport hotel is full of business people and you need to do better.

Otherwise, fine.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The hotel is conveniently located close to the airport, shopping outlet, MTR station and Disneyland. One disadvantage is it is not close to the city so it is not as accessible to local Hong Kong street shopping and food. But, if you have only one full day and want to combine both shopping and Disneyland visit, I think this hotel's location will meet your needs.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Going to HK during the holiday season just wasn't a great idea as airfare and hotels are just at their peak rate. I've spent hours on the internet looking for a hotel that's average, not expensive and has a good location. The vacation was really for the family to celebrate my eldest son's 7th birthday, so was really hoping to get a good deal. Luck was on our side when my son's godmother who was also going to HK recommended Novotel. Having seen great reviews via the TripAdvisor, I was fully convinced we're getting a great package.

We availed of the free airport shuttle service on our arrival going to Novotel Citygate hotel. We got a great deal out of the 3 nights we booked. For starters we have a package that came with NgongPing 360 cable car tickets. And because of the tickets, we didn't need to line up for an hour to purchase them. So that really saved a lot of our time. We also got free extra bed and all of us can eat at the hotel's restaurant breakfast buffet. It was a "goodwill" as per the hotel's supervisor. Hope the deal is still on the table on our next visit. :)

We checked-in early and it's good thing our room is already available. The one we were given has a great view. It's a bit crowded though for a family of 4. But nevertheless, it was really nice, very comfortable and quiet at night so everyone can get a good night sleep at the end of an exhausted but fun day at Disneyland or Ocean Park.

I love the choices at the breakfast buffet!!! But there was a chef who was rude to my son because he misunderstood what my son wanted for his breakfast. :(

It was a great experience! My only complaint was no free wifi and the rude chef. Besides that, everything was perfect!

Room tip: Sometimes package rates are not online. You should email and inquire to get the best deal!
Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
NovotelCitygate, General Manager at Novotel Citygate Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2011

Dear valued guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and very much appreciate your positive note.

I would certainly share your comments with our team and would certainly address the issue relating to the attitude of one of the chefs with our Food & Beverage Manager for immediate resolution.

Thanks once again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back to the Novotel Citygate Hong Kong in the future.

Best regards