“Waiting forever”

Ranked #683 of 11,403 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We TeaWood Taiwanese Cafe is located at centre of Hong Kong Island, on the 10th floor of King Wah Centre. I believe the restaurants on upper floors should always offer something extra to draw your attention as they have a disadvantage of location. In Hıng Kong there are countless restaurants on upper floors of the buildings so the competition is even more tense. There are plenty of restaurants in that building for instance.

Does TeaWood Taiwanese Cafe offer you these extras? Absolutely not. Let alone offering something extra they try their best to make customers to run away. First of all we waited 15 minutes until someone come to our table to get order. We ordered our food, afraid of waiting another 15 minutes and no surprises it was what exactly happened. The duck my wife ordered had so much fat she felt a little bit sick for the following 3-4 hours. The food I had was fancy but dragon fruit and pineapple were not fresh. And for this treatment you pay higher value than comparing to other restaurants in Hong Kong.

The service is awful, the food is bad, the place is off the track. They only deserve 1 star.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Suprising i like this place ..hve a sweet drink favorite n famous taiwan BUBBLE tea ( good deal if u can get a promo buy 1 get 1 ) , good snacking , good place to relax ur feet after long walk

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

some of the meals were ok.
worst dishes was duck which was tasteless and tough. the beef dishes were also very tough.
the drinks weren't sweet enough. we all had to get our drinks sweetened .
the service was very uncaring, and our server couldn't be bothered moving around the table to put the dishes down. kept putting them in front of me so I had to pass the meals around.

all in all a pretty poor restaurant..

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We went to this restaurant twice this time. We loved their milk tea, and beef noodle soup! My son love their Taiwanese sausages. They also have set meals that are worth the price that we are paying. Will definitely come back again!

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Due to the price, I appreciate that I got a lot of food in a way. But I could not eat everything and could not take leftovers for me so it felt like such a waste.

Been to TeaWood Taiwanese Cafe & Restaurant? Share your experiences!