Outstanding. I think this is better than the MO (or the old hotel as our local friend living in midlevel’s refers to the regular MO versus this hotel as the new one). The rooms and pool are great and so is the service. We were given a room very early for check in which is very nice.
My only criticism (it’s up to you as to whether this is minor or major) and actually almost prevented me from giving it top marks is the hotel appears to have a policy that the L450 rooms can accommodate maximum two guests (including adults and child) only regardless of whether the child shares the bedding with the parents - not sure where I can find this on the website, however (I looked but PM me if you can find it and I can read). We were with a 5 year old who is tiny. Now the king bed in the L450 is bigger IMO than a normal king bed…wider but not longer. The room is huge and is bigger than most hotel rooms in Hong Kong and probably as large as any hotel I have stayed in around the world as far as a standard king size bedded room goes.
I was rather annoyed when I was advised of this policy and accepted the fact that if they needed to push us up to a L600, I would accept that. In fact, told them as such by stating “If, however, as you note below, this is not possible per your hotel “rules”, then by all means, modify the reservation to the room type noted below [The L600].” Personally, it really did not make a huge difference to me in terms of cost to the room. I had a decent corporate rate with them, enjoyed the MO and decided to try out the LMO versus staying at the Four Seasons - this was my wife's choice and neither of us cared about cost.
They then they OK’d the L450 for us after I noted my surprise. That said, on arrival I was given the same run around. Thankfully, had a print out saying the L450 was fine. I should note that this type of policy is not the same at the Four Seasons or the Upper House. Both allow two adults and a child sharing the same bedding. Also, to have to give them evidence it was OK’d on arrival was certainly not something I expected of a 5* hotel and certainly merits a comment about the same here. They even made a photo copy of an email they should have had...in fact, as I recall, they had some emails that I had sent to them. Just not the one saying the L450 is fine...again, I was OK with the L600 but merely noted that to my knowledge, I was not aware of any other hotel where this was an issue with a child the age of ours sharing the same bedding. It should be noted, they said no more than 3. Not, 2 is OK but a 3rd is extra. No third.
Nevertheless, the hotel is a remarkable property. Being provided access to the spa for a shower prior to a room was outstanding. The bar was very nice as was the food in the restaurant. All in all, perhaps the best hotel and services I have stayed in other than the one comment above, which I comment about for others who might be in my situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is one of the most luxurious and fashionable hotel in the world located in the heart of Central. All of the 109 spacious guestrooms have just been refurbished. Dining is exceptional. Amber offers the finest modern French cuisine while MO Bar is the stylish all-day-dining venue famous for its creative cocktails. The Oriental Spa is the urban sanctuary for relaxation and wellness, completed with yoga, Pilates and fitness. This chic hotel is one of the 9 hotels worldwide awarded Forbes Travel Guide Triple five stars distinction across all categories for hotel, restaurant and spa. Located in Central, the hub of shopping, entertainment and finance, The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is connected to the Landmark Atrium where more than 200 world's top luxury brands can be found. What makes the hotel unique is its proximity to local pastimes, hot spots and cool discoveries. Only 10-15 minutes away on foot, guests can expect popular local eateries, bars and clubs, some of Hong Kong's best tailors, creative local designer fashion pieces, as well as one of Hong Kong's oldest temples and Asia's longest outdoor covered escalators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, Wotif.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Landmark
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental
- Landmark Mandarin Oriental