All reviews junior suite peak tram zoological gardens standard studio small kitchen washing up liquid stove top mid level business suite short term or long term induction hob garden road extra bedding hong kong park well stocked supermarket serviced apartment great apartment
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired. And management oversells the lower category rooms and is financially driven as oppose to service driven.

1) Even though I had called ahead of time to make sure there was a crib and was assured of such as my baby’s nap time is immediately after check in time when I arrived the crib was there but there was no mattress. Instead they simply put a blanket on the crib. And the crib itself is assembled incorrectly.

Floor was dusty with crumbs in the corner. D

2) They over sell the basic studio and junior 1 bed room type so will tell you they are fully booked thus won’t grant early check in or late check out even though they are not.

I had purposely paid for the night before even though I was not checking in till the day after as if you tell hotels that you have done that then they will grant you a late check out. However this one wants to charge me another half day rate to extend the check out by 2 hrs after I have already paid 1 extra night in order to have early check in. They explained that they charge guests 50% of the rate for early check in or check out - so according to their logic I have already paid for both early check in and check out by paying 1 extra night as 0.5+0.5 = 1 however they don’t seem to understand the logic and insists on an additional half day rate.

Stayed: July 2018
5  Thank Jasmine V
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is not situated right next to any MTR station but it is at a walking distance (if you don’t mind walking)
The staff is very helpful and courteous
We stayed in a junior suite which was spacious enough, though I wish it had a washing machine also (There’s one laundry place at 8th floor)
I also wish that it had a toaster and that they give tea/coffee sachets like other serviced apartments have/give
For families (with kids) the TV offers too less channels
But overall a comfortable stay

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Heard good things about this serviced apartment and reservation was a breeze so I was really looking forward to staying here. Unfortunately that’s the only part that has been good so far. Last night’s room service arrived they didn’t even bring any napkins/serviettes. This morning I asked for a high chair for my toddler. Took 45mins and 3 call’s for the chair to come. And when it came, the straps were soaking wet and moldy (yuck!!!). Then at around 10.30am the drilling and pounding started, also around the time of my daughter’s nap time. I went down to the reception to complain and the only solution they could give is to give me a temporary room during the day for my toddler to nap (ugh).

Not impressed at all. Thankfully we’re only here for 5 days but I will not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Michael K, Manager at Two MacDonnell Road, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear lre0624,

Greetings from Two MacDonnell Road.

First of all, please accept my sincere apologize again for the unpleasant experience that you encountered. I already brought to our concerned department heads to attention and rectified immediately. Understand our little gesture of compensation was not covered at all but still want to revert your confident with us and gain another chance to provide our genuine service of Two MacDonnell Road in the future.

Thank you.

Your sincerely

Michael Kong
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 16 May 2018

we stayed here in late January and it was COLD in HK. So without any heating in the hotel it could have been a disaster but the staff were all geared up and provided heaters and extra bedding and we got really cosy in our good sized mini suite . Fantastic views over towards the harbour and across the zoo area we sat there and enjoyed the city skyscape. This location is easy walking distance down to the harbour and main shopping area. Safe walkways and cafe's en route meant we could take our time and enjoy the stroll down and at the end of the day take advantage of the outdoor escalators back up to the level we needed with little exhaustion. would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2018

This is a terrific hotel with outstanding service. The room was laid out extremely well excellent wifi, gym and restaurant. There is a great park across the road with a variety of animals on display. While the location is in a predominately residential section of Hong Kong, taxis are easy to get and it is a short ride to central Hong Kong. I really can not fault the hotel in any area. A very pleasant stay. This is my 3rd time and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try for a high floor with a city view.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel