All reviewsjunior suitepeak tramzoological gardensstandard studiosmall kitchenwashing up liquidstove topbusiness suiteshort term or long terminduction hobgarden roadextra beddinghong kong parkwell stocked supermarketserviced apartmentcooking facilitiesgreat apartment
Reviewed 4 May 2018

Great location for a hotel.
Bed was comfortable although rooms very small (typical for Hong Kong though)
The breakfast was decent for the price as there is not much choice in the immediate vicinity outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Worth booking the renovated rooms.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Good 1 Room cleaning everyday 2 Changing linen every day 3 Independent room air conditioning 4 Bed mat was comfortable 5 Room safe was firm 6 Shower water was enough 7 House keeping's response was fast when I asked them 8 They rented me electric outlet adapters
Hope to be improved 1 no electric outlet at the kitchen 2 House keeping sometimes forgot refill water bottles 3 Hot water was not sometimes supplied in the busy morning 4 No lace curtain at the window 5 Couldn't open only one millimeter the window 6 only one chair for two customers
BAD 1 Smell of cooking meat remained when I entered the room. I was too tired to ask them to change. If I could open the window, it could be decreased faster. 2 Too high from the central to walk to, and no Seven-11 in the peripheral. Only the fusion supermarket was in a minute walk. 3 It was in a residential area, so it was inconvenient to sight seeing.

Room Tip: The first impression was remained smell of cooking of a former customer. Clean and cozy later but a friend said smelly when she came into. I hope there are more electric outlets.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Arden K, Assistant Front Office Manager at Two MacDonnell Road, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear 110toshin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.com.

You valuable comment is very important to us, it drive us to improve better. Due to safety reason, we have to keep the window close unless upon guest request. Certainly, we should ensure the room smell free and everything in good condition before guest arrival, please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience that caused during your stay.

Should your travel bring you back to Hong Kong please do not hesitate to contact me, I will take your return visit personally.

Best regards,
Arden

Reviewed 24 April 2018

I have stayed at Two MacDonnell regularly when I need to stay in a hotel in Hong Kong and I am a HK resident. The staff are great, the location perfect, (increase fitness if you walk up the hills) and the rooms friendly and well organised. I am not a fan of big fancy hotels, and yes, many of my friends get on to me for that. But I prefer warm intimate, and anonymous and Two MadDonnell road is perfect and always a pleasure.

Room Tip: Higher floor opposite side from Cotton Wood Road
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Arden K, Assistant Front Office Manager at Two MacDonnell Road, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear Dr K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review on Tripadvisor community.

Nothing can make us happier and encouraging to have your continuous support, and it is always our pleasure to have you staying with us.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything that we can do to make your return visit more comfortable and enjoyable.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Warmest regards,
Arden Kung
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 24 April 2018

A friendly hotel. A smallish but nice room with separate lounge kitchen and a very good breakfast. We booked very last minute as an unexpected plan change. The only bad thing was the put up bed for my little boy. Quite possibly the most uncomfortable bed I’ve felt. (The sofa was used instead!) if you don’t need a put up bed then there would be a definite 5 stars here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear mjhowell82,

Your valuable comment is duly noted, certainly we will look into it and strive to improve better. We also thrilled to see that you reviewed your recent stay with as a “very nice experience”.

Should your travel bring you back to Hong Kong please do not hesitate to contact us for your return visit.

Best regards,
Arden Kung
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 10 April 2018

We stayed here for 4 days and it was a very memorable stay. Having a 1.5 year old infant, we required a decent sized serviced apartment and this was perfect. We were initially provided a room in the top most floor, however since the water pressure was very poor , we were prompty changed to another room which was much better.

There is a on-site restaurant serving food and coffee throughout the day which is a plus. However the food is not very tasty. The buffet breakfast is good value.

The best part was also the people here. Very friendly and helpful and we were assisted with hailing a taxi everytime. The bub was happy as well.

Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Lower floors. Avoid the top most floor as the water pressure was low and the rooms were quite old.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Raghul R
Arden K, Assistant Front Office Manager at Two MacDonnell Road, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Dear Raghul R,

Thank you for taking the time and share your positive review and recommended us to the TripAdvisor readers.

We are thrilled to see your compliment toward our teams which it give us enormous encouragement; at the meantime, we also truly appreciate your comment on our food quality which it motivate us to improve better and keep moving forward.

Should your travel bring you back to Hong Kong please do not hesitate to let us know if I can assist you on your return visit.

Warmest regards,