“Stay away!!!”
Review of Hongkong MK Hotel

Hongkong MK Hotel
Ranked #440 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Checked in last Saturday and was charged an exorbitant cost. The clerk required a $500.00 deposit to check in. Room was size of janitors closet with no window. Room had no clothes hooks or closet to hang clothes. It took 45 minutes to get hot water. Although promised wifi by the front desk there was no wifi. After complaining about these conditions I requested a partial refund which the manager refused to honour. When asked to have my deposit returned he said that could only occur if I presented the deposit receipt. If you lose the receipt you don't get your deposit back. The management of this hotel is unfriendly and they only seem to care about gouging their guests. I would stay far away from this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Peter S
HotelMK_Mongkok, Manager at Hongkong MK Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We regret to know that you were not pleased with your stay this time. We have taken note of your comments concerning your staying experience and we will definitely review all the issues for our future improvements. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

MK Hotel rooms are small but the location is very good its near the mrt and bus stops one ride to airport .. its near the shopping district malls and food restaurants. its practically the center of everything you need.. never mind the small rooms cause you're out the whole day. but the funny thing is that the channels in their TV is only 3 channels hehehehe no choice but to sleep

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank nonoynoy
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Small room but standard for Hong Kong. You can hear everything from outside,but good location in the center. The room is clean and the bed is soft. We paid about 500 HKD for one night. I think it is average, I will stay again if I go to Hong Kong.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
HotelMK_Mongkok, Manager at Hongkong MK Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to know that you generally satisfied your stay with us. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Best regards,
Hotel MK

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

It's of course a hotel, nothing to be compared with a hostel, but what I got mmmm I could've gotten a hostel. I paid 1613 HKD for five days. You can see the pictures of what I got. They asked me for 500 HKD as deposit and you can also check the pictures for the penalties. Mmmmmm everything in Hong Kong is sooooo freaking expensive and if you will pay cheap this is what you get. I always do my bookings online so I go for the cheapest, because I know that if it is not the best western or Holliday inn, to mention something, it's not worth it. At least in Hong Kong and OMG Singapore hahaha. Sorry for the mess in the pictures haha.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank ericksmb
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

overall hotel room is nice but small...bathroom is small but clean..aircond is cold...bed is soft and clean...last time i stay at mk hotel for only 450hkd only..is cheaper...serounding by many food and beverage shop,7eleven..i will stay at this hotel in future when i come visit Hong Kong...

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
HotelMK_Mongkok, General Manager at Hongkong MK Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Dear Hotel Guest

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with Tripadvisor readers and glad to know you enjoyed your stay here.

We look forward to seeing you again in soon future.

Warmest regards,