“Decent tapas, better view”
Review of Tapagria

Tapagria
Ranked #4,031 of 11,372 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Reviewed 25 March 2016

this place serve decent tapas, but they are kinda expensive. also you need to be here before 6pm if you didn't have a reservations apparently - as they are usually full. the view is pretty good though from up here.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

The view is amazing. The food was good. I liked the steamed fish and the Paela. the service was fast but not very friendly. Price was on the higher end, not the best value for money. Repeat: not likely.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

I came upon The One as I was walking in Tsim Sha Tsui looking for a place to eat dinner. I saw a sign that read TapaGria: A tapas and sangria restaurant and thought to give it a try. Upon entering Tapagria, I was informed that they have a $350 minimum dining requirement for dinner. I was completely taken aback as restaurants tend not to have "minimum dining requirements." Then I was informed that there was a drinks-only option for minimum $180 but I could not order any food. I promptly walked out and went one floor up to Harlan's where I had a great dinner experience for $880HKD.

Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

The place is amazing, the views are awesome, and the food is tasty! It was a little windy so we stay inside. We choose clams (really delicious), patatas bravas, cold cut plate, croquetes and gambas, everything tapas size!!! And we had water. At the end we pay 99€.... We think is a little bit expensive!!!

Reviewed 5 January 2016

To summarize: great view, impolite and unexperienced staff and the food not worth the high prices! Unfortunately, I didn't check the reviews at trip advisor before going there, otherwise I would have known better. But it was Christmas eve and my wife's birthday and her wish was to go there (also not knowing what to expect).
This restaurant is owned by a famous HK actress and is therefore well-known. But this might also explain why some staff is acting so snobbish that you get the feeling that they are looking down at you as a customer.

But step by step - as mentioned above we went there on Christmas eve without any reservation since we just arrived in HK at the same day. I was expecting higher prices on that day but also to get some very nice food for that money. Arriving there we were lucky that they could still offer a table with the fixed Christmas menu for 888 HKD. As mentioned in other reviews, the view from the terrace of this restaurant is amazing, they unfortunately gave us a table in the very back of the restaurant with no view at all. Requesting a table much closer to the terrace (and the lady at the reception was so impolite that I was about to go but didn't want to destroy the birthday evening of my wife) we were charged another 200 HKD to be seated better. Okay, I was thinking 'no problem' if the food is good, at least we could enjoy the view and take some nice pictures. Unfortunately, the food was not as expected - I cannot say that it was bad, but what they provided was nothing special and not worth the money. The taste was just average. The staff seemed to be very stressed and not having the situation under control. Sometimes they gave us the different courses of the menu too early, sometimes we were waiting for 30 minutes to get the next course. At the end I paid with my Euro credit card and requested the charge in HKD. I was asking the staff three times for confirmation and was told that they for sure only charge in HKD - being back home and getting my credit card statement I saw that this dinner was charged in Euro increasing my bill by another almost 10% due to their bank's bad exchange rate.
Overall a very disappointing experience - living in Shanghai I get a fabulous dinner at Jean George from a Michelin star chef for the same money but with an excellent service.
If going there for a drink to enjoy the view for some time need to be decided by everybody themselves, but I can just warn you to go there to eat - there are much better restaurants in HK where you will spend your money better for an enjoyable evening with a nice food experience and the feeling to be a well treated customer.

2  Thank Thomas J