“Disappointment after years of watching the old show”
Review of Symphony of Lights

Symphony of Lights
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 46.25*
and up
Hong Kong Symphony of Lights Boat Cruise with...
More attraction details
Owner description: This spectacular multimedia show, combining lights, music and narration involves 19 key buildings on Hong Kong Island. The facades of skyscrapers are decked out in lights that, at the flick of a switch, glow in a myriad of colours depicting Hong Kong’s colourful and bustling atmosphere.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

So I must start off by saying that I have seen this show so many times over the past 11 years, and have absolutely loved it! It's always been a highlight for me, and I was so excited to take my boyfriend to see it with a friend (she saw it three years ago and loved it too).

I had no idea the whole show had changed, so I gave it the benefit of the doubt. However, the new show really really disappointed me. The buildings didn't sync with the music tightly, which was what held the wow factor of the old show. The music was also so underwhelming. Me and my friend were gutted, it just wasn't what we remembered at all.

For a lover of the old show, I sadly have to say this isn't worth seeing anymore.

1  Thank Alicia_hilton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,824)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Everywhere I went in Hong Kong I was advised to get to the Avenue Of Stars early to beat the crowds and for the best vantage point for the nightly light show in Hong Kong called the Symphony Of Lights. Starts at 8.00pm each night and about half a dozen buildings fire off laser beams choreographed to music. Well, it was the best vantage point and there was a lot of people but the show was a little underwhelming. There was a light show of about 10 minutes however as it was referenced everywhere in the city I guess I expected more. Still, it is free and is something that you can say you have done in Hong Kong. Then you can go to dinner!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

If you happen to be in the area at 8pm then stand a while and watch. Don't make a special effort as this is very much over hyped. It may be better viewed by boat?

1  Thank familyaffair2005
Reviewed 27 March 2018

This had been built up as something really special so we made sure we took our place on the waterfront opposite the Sheraton Hotel, where lots of locals seemed to be gathered. In the event ,we were quite disappointed as it turned out to be different coloured lights on the opposite bank of the river with a few lasers going across the sky. It starts at 8 and people were drifting away by 8.10 - we hung around to see if anything else would happen but it didn't!

1  Thank CheekyLondon