“Great food”

Ranked #196 of 15,377 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Sham Shui Po District
Reviewed 2 March 2020

Came here as friend is a meat eater and this was the top on her itinerary of places to eat. As a veggie it was limited and found the food quite bland. Staff were friendly and accommodating and were able to let me know what I could and couldn’t eat.

Date of visit: November 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,373)

Reviewed 20 February 2020 via mobile

First off, dont get to hyped just because this place has a Michelin star. Because although it has,it has always stayed true to its humble origins.
The interior is simple, the service as well.

However all is made up for by the food! I, perhaps, was lucky enough to visit at a quiet time, so presure was not so high in the kitchen. All the food served was on point and tasted wunderfull.
I can whole-heartedly recommend all dumpling/Dimsum variaties and my personal favorite the BBQ pork buns!
All and all I spend just under $10 USD for an abundance of food.

Date of visit: February 2020
2  Thank DvdLugt
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

In a world of big city China restaurant pricing, good quality food at reasonable cost is hard to come by, short of the more street food approach. This location of Tim Ho Wan was worth the walk for us.

It is decidedly a turn and burn affair, so don't expect to loiter. The highlight was the much touted barbecue pork buns, though my wife and I sampled a host of dishes over three visits.

Service is hit and miss though I would say a bit more of a miss. Abrupt would be complimentary closer to rude perhaps more accurate. I was actually told to pull my chair closer in to the table at one point. I would like to share that I am 6'3" and if I got any closer to the table I would have been on top of the bloody table. Further, I was already occupying less than half the space between myself and the next table and the other guest was nowhere near me. You can tell that this pushed my buttons in a bad way. Almost enough to cause me to reconsider coming back.

Finally, the chaotic nature of a bit of a touristy trap - given its reasonably deserved decent reputation, is a too overworked staff. Multiple time we had dishes not show up and yet others served that were not the ones ordered. Given that you order numerous of the small dishes it becomes difficult to keep track of.

All this said, my wife and I were satisfied with the food though somewhat less so with the service. On balance though, a solid place.

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank F9458NJjasonf
Reviewed 27 January 2020 via mobile

Visited Tim Ho Wan due to their Michelin Guide recommendation, did not disappoint. Prices are very reasonable and the food is also of decent quality, particularly liked their char siu buns, the crust on top goes well with the fluffy texture of the bun itself.

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank goodfoodtime
Reviewed 8 January 2020

When in HK you definitely should go to this dimsum place! And try everything on the menu! Our favorite is the Char Sui Bao, the best you'll ever have, promise! You cannot make a reservation but if you have to wait, it will definitely be worth it.

Date of visit: February 2019