2,731 results
All reviews victoria park tin hau rooftop pool causeway bay executive parlour vic's bar a harbour view room mtr station an executive suite minute walk octopus card top floor standard room tram stop airport express public transport smoking room
Reviewed 5 October 2009

My wife and I stayed for 7 nights in an executive room on the 25th floor to ensure a large room with a harbour view - that is exactly what we got.

I can only reiterate most of the previous TA reviews - spotless hotel and room, excellent breakfast and bar area (if you do not count in the Japanese businessman who was not so good at karaoke), and in a good position at Victoria Park and nearby MTR station.

The best about the hotel (and Hong Kong as a whole) was the people - hotel staff and HK residents were always smiling, patient and always helpful.

The hotel knows what visitors/tourists want for a pleasant stay in the city and they provide it. I have no reservations about recommending this one and would certainly stay again. Well done!

3  Thank lostalot
Reviewed 2 October 2009

Seriously, this hotel has the best water pressure ever. We were on the 23rd floor and upgraded to the Executive parlor room for the extra room and found it to be more than sufficient for 2. The lighting in the room and the bathroom was amazing. Our view of the park and the water was nice. The metro is literally 2 minute walk. There is a laundry by the pound a little father down the road near the Tin Hau Temple. It was not the Vogue Laundry, they charge by the piece, walk up the hill one minute. We had about 26 kg of dirty laundry cleaned for US $8. They did wash whites with darks and shrank a few items so don't give them anything you hold dearly.
The breakfasts were great and had a wide variety, the pork tenderloin and the spring rolls were our favorites.
The hotel room was silent. We never heard our neighbors and slept great. The housekeeping was flawless.
Their downside, the concierge. We asked for a recommendation for dinner and were recommended a local food court. Gack. We ate instead one night at Bangkok Thai right past the metro and it was great and inexpensive. The next night they were unable to get us into a restaurant they had recommended so we had the best meal ever at Amber at the Landmark Mandarin Oriental. While not cheap, it is the best meal I have ever had. Ever. We booked that ourselves. We also ate at the Vietnamese place out the hotel and to the left. It was awesome too and very reasonable. So if you rely on a concierge, do not stay here.
It is a bit out of the way if you like to walk to your destination, but close to metro and a good value for a harbour view room that does not break the bank.
We did not use the outdoor pool at night largely due to the amazing lighting that created a prison type atmosphere. In the daytime it would be better but at night you feel like you are under a searchlight. We did rig up a tripod to take evening pictures of the skyline.

3  Thank HVB
Reviewed 24 September 2009

I booked this hotel having read comments on TP although I was a little put off by the 'small room' comments.

My husband and I have just returned after a 9 day stay in a harbour view room and I could not fault the stay. I travel extensively for business in 5 star hotels and yes, the room was a little small but perfectly formed. I requested more hangars for the wardrobe and these were delivered within 5 mins. House keeping were always friendly and the room was clean. There was no bath (a large shower) but in a hot climate I never want a bath.

Tin Hau MTR is a few minutes walk away and you can purchase the Octopus card here. This can be used on all major forms of transport (Star ferry, bus and tram) and saves the trouble of not having the right change. The tram stop is just outside the MTR station and is the quickest way to Causeway Bay (and the most atmospheric) etc.

There are excellent restaurants nearby and many shops. We did not have breakfast, instead buying essentials e.g. orange juice from the Wellcome supermarket 1 mins walk from the hotel. There is also a 7x11. Octopus cards accepted at both.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. It offers great value for money and is well connected with the excellent Hong Kong public transport system.

4  Thank ScarlettOxon
Reviewed 22 September 2009

We have just got back from a week at this hotel , we had a suite which was fine, location was great as 2 mins walk from mtr station to get to the rest of hong kong. Breakfast was good in the cafe, room service dissapointing as was the housekeeping however we are used to 5 star hotels .. but hey, you get what you pay for so in reality okay. If your feet are too sore to venture out too far for dinner there are some nice places to eat nearby esp the thai next to mcdonalds (turn right out of hotel and cross the road) turn left and walk a few mins and there is a french and italian. For chinese ask reception and where you are heading. We live in India and were due to fly back to Mumbai at 7pm, I asked if we could stay in the room later and they gave us a 4pm check out and no extra cost.

Would I stay again even though it's not my usual standard of hotel , my answer would be yes, everytime, for it's location, views and friendly service. Please contact me for any tips

5  Thank CJMC
Reviewed 6 September 2009

We have just finished a 3 day stay in Hong Kong, our first in 30 years. After reading dozens of Tripadvisor reviews, we finally decided on the MetroPark Hotel. Location isn't too far from Hong Kong Station, it had a good range of amenities and for Hong Kong a reasonable price! We didn't want a very small room, we wanted a Harbour View and we didn't want to pay a fortune - doesn't everyone! The MetroPark had all this (we selected an Executive Suite) and at HK$1700 per night our "package" included breakfast, complimentary drinks, free internet access. However, I note now that the best deals on the MetroPark web site are for 7 night stays which is a problem for short stayers. I suppose one could always pay for 7 nights and check-out early!

Rather than write a long review, I would like to simply say that all the previous 20 or so Tripadvisor Reviews on the MetroPark are "spot on" except for the reviewer who complained about the pool fencing, water temperature etc. The Pool scene is as perfect as the picture on the web site and is obviously temperature affected depending on prevailing conditions. And yes, the beds are rock hard which is probably my only real criticism. But, we would stay here again especially if they improve the beds!

3  Thank Geordielass2