2,687 results
All reviews tin hau victoria park rooftop pool causeway bay executive parlour vic's bar a harbour view room mtr station minute walk an executive suite octopus card standard room top floor hotel bar tram stop public transport airport express
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed 2nights at this hotel. Aside from a place to sleep we didn't use too many hotel services. Breakfast was very expensive. We opted to head downstairs and turn left out of the lobby. Next door they have a cafe with breakfast at a fraction of the price with great staff!! The rooms were dated and our harbour view room barely had any harbour views. If I climbed on the table I was able to see the harbour!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank burtandbrenda
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear burtandbrenda,

Thank you for choosing Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong and providing the above comments.

In response to your comments on our hotel facilities, we understand that our hotel is going through the years, yet we are sticking with regular maintenance and refurbishment, which are always our vital concern in running the hotel.

Besides, we are pleased to let you know that our Harbour View Room is well designed with not only the famous Victoria Harbour view, but also the extensive greenery of Victoria Park so that guests can enjoy a full picture of Hong Kong's busy lives. In order to ensure the most relaxing stay for guests, our hotel is conveniently located in a vibrant district as an urban oasis in a crowed city, with the attentive service of free scheduled hotel shuttle. For those who prefer quiet, our hotel is in a good location with easy access to most kind of public transportations nearby.

Again, thank you for the above valuable comment, which encourage us for a higher level of service quality. Should you have any further comments or enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us via sales.hkcb@metroparkhotels.com. We are looking forward to the pleasant of serving you again in the coming future.

Best regards,
Joanne
PR of Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights on our first time to Hong Kong. We were given the exact room we booked and viewed on the web site (doesn't always happen that way). The staff were all very helpful and courteous especially KiKi on the executive floor and Justine for her music in Vic's Bar. Happy hour drinks were a surprise and it was great to unwind before bed. Room was very clean and all items were in working order. Position of the hotel was perfect for us as close to train station, buses and walking. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Paying a little more and going for an executive room gives you the hospitality floor (29) which has drinks and nibbles each day free of charge. Great to get information from Kiki as well.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BestWesternBalmoral
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times and it is a personal favourite in the Mid Range bracket.

MetroPark Hotel is actually located in Tin Hau (as opposed to their claim of Causeway Bay).
I think this is actually a benefit as Tin Hau is a great place and is quieter than the throbbing mass of Causeway Bay. Causway Bay is located about a 5 minute walk away on the other side of Victoria Park.

The hotel is very well located for getting around - being about 150 metres from the Tin Hau MTR station. It is also serviced by buses trams and taxis on the nearby (100 metres) Kings Road.

The hotel has rooms that look over Victoria Park to the Harbour or to a Mountain behind the hotel - and these are the rooms that I would recommend. The harbour view rooms face north west and get the sunset view over the harbour. Stunning.

The F&B in the hotel is "OK" - but there is a whole host of eating options in nearby Electric Road in Tin Hau and also in Causeway Bay - so I would recommend eating out. (Do leave some room from dinner and head to the Ching Ching dessert shop at 77 Electric Road - a personal favorite.)

There is a 7-11 located below the hotel and a Wellcome supermarket about 50 metres away.

One of the gems of the hotel is the swimming pool located on the roof (33F) It is only a smallish pool but with the great views of the city it is a special atmosphere up there.

I recommend this hotel to all of my friends who visit Hong Kong. (Along with the LKF by Rhombas).

Room Tip: I would only consider the Harbour View rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Spin2501
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Stayed in multiple hotels in Hong Kong and value for money this is my 1st choice.

Stayed for 4 nights on my return from Europe, I had booked only the last night as I had to go into china for business but a last minute change had me staying in Hong Kong for the 4 nights instead. I ended up with 2 different reservations (3 nights in a standard room and 1 night in a harbour view room) and on check in they upgraded me to save changing rooms for the last night.
Stayed in a corner room on the 15th floor overlooking the park and harbour. Clean, modern, comfortable, large tiled shower.
Metro and tram stop several hundred mertres away as well as a laundry and supermarket & a 7/11 several doors down.
Had no problems catching Taxi's during the day and evening.
Staff very friendly and language no problem.

Best asset is the pool (a must in the hotter months) good size rooftop pool with excellent views over Hong Kong.

Not the cheapest place to stay but certainly value for money and overall my pick of places to stay

Room Tip: If you get a good deal on the harbour view rooms take it, if not dont worry the best view in the hotel is from the roof top pool
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Had eyed this hotel last year during my last trip in Hong Kong and as I was not completely happy with my choice at the time I thought I'd give this property a try on this trip.
Found a decent rate through an airline website which also included a 20% discount on food and beverages (excluding happy hour at Vic's bar).
The hotel is conveniently located just off Causeway Bay road on a semi-residential street. Tin Hau MTR (metro) station is just across the street so if travelling light, it is an excellent and reasonable way of getting to from the airport; Airport Express into Hong Kong station, a 10 minute transfer walk (inside the station) to Central stop and take the MTR direction Chai Wan and Tin Hau is a mere four stops away.
Alternatively, you can take the free hotel shuttle service that calls at the hotel as well.
Check in process was fast, efficient and very friendly. Although I had booked a Standard room, I was upgraded to a Harbour View room which command spectacular views towards Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong's spectacular skyline both in Hong Kong Island as well as Kowloon.
The room. around 20 sq. m. is not the largest, but then you have to remember that space in Hong Kong is a rare commodity and very few hotels in the city will offer American size rooms, but it was nicely appointed, with modern decor, wall to wall window, long dressing table-working station, with sufficient sockets and even adaptors for European plugs. Free internet access comes as standard.
Bathroom, again very modern with cream ceramic walls, modern and powerfull shower and all ammenities.
Two things I was surprised to miss was an ironing board (which could be requested) and complementary water bottles.
The bed was comfortable with great pillows and fresh linnen. A/C worked perfectly, which is a big 'must' in this hot and usually sticky city.
Facilities.
The gym was well appointed and rooftop pool with jacuzzi great for those afternoon soaks after a hard day of either working, shopping or just discovering the incredible gems this great city has to offer.
there are small saunas in both the me's and women's dressing room. Not spectacular and spa-like, but for a city hotel I would say adequate.
Breakfast on the second floor was what you'd expect from a first class hotel in SE Asia, with a mix of Continental and Asian/Oriental fare. To be honest, I have had better ones in the region but not because of Metropark's poor quality but more because of other hotels' greater choice. Then again, I would still not rate it down because of this.
Vic's bar, located on the first floor where the Reception area is, offers bistro type dining and a happy hour from Monday to Saturday from 3pm till 9.45pm. A resident band, which during my stay were doing a rendition of Bee Gees, Abba and other 70s hits added the music to the balmy nights. What you'd expect for these kind of establishments, but although they did not get the few guests that saw their performance stomping their foots on the ground, they did engage well with punters during their breaks.
Check out process was seamless and they even stored my belonging securely as I had a late departure bck home that night. When enquired, they offered a late check out free of chage till 2pm.
In sumary, I think that after five trips to this spectacular city, I finally found the property that ticked all my boxes and would not hesitate to return next time I'm in town, and obviously would not hesitate to recomend.
An enjoyable stay and my commendations to all the staff.

Room Tip: Families of three book an Executive Parlour Higher rooms have spectacular views
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business