We stayed at a time there were renovations so I have made allowances for the noise and interruption .
This is a nice hotel, everything you would expect with nothing above the average to make wit an outstanding stay. As a ambassador member I was offered a laundry bag as an ambassador gift and given an upgrade on a low floor , if that's the best am ambassador member can be offered then I'm not sure how the membership is worth while here. Afternoon tea will set you back $ 208 incl tax , basic breakfast will set you back $ 298 .
The staff were very accommodating, Tiffany's bar was dark ,expensive and confusing with their pricing , room service was fast but expensive, $200 for a club sandwich.
Would like to see what it is like after renovations , as a part of the IHG group I was surprised at the hotel, the crowne plaza in hong kong superseeded this place in leaps and bounds for a lot less money and that was in a club too
With drinks and canapés as well as breakfast , nice hotel but will be staying at the crowne plaza on our return for the whole stay next time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the bustling shopping, business and entertainment district of Tsimshatsui East, InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, being a member of Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG), is an acclaimed five-star hotel that offers sophistication and heritage. Set against the stunning backdrop of Victoria Harbour, half of the hotel's 570 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and suites boost sweeping views of picturesque Hong Kong skyline and breathtaking Victoria Harbour.Located in the proximity of the world-famous Star Ferry and within easy reach of all major transportation systems such as the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) and Guangzhou-Kowloon Through Train Station, the hotel offers easy accessibility within the city and entry into China. With complimentary shuttle bus service provided by the hotel, Hong Kong's largest shopping mall Harbour City is just within doorstep. InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong provides the finest selection of world-class dining outlets from famed Cantonese cuisine at Hoi King Heen crafted by award-winning native Chef Leung, passionately Italian cuisine at Mistral with finest Italian produce, to contemporary international buffet at Café on M and Tiffany's New York Bar, knowing as Capital of Whisky with the largest whisky capacity in town. The sheer flexibility of the hotel, with its ample choice of venues complement the state-of-the-art meeting facilities in a comfortable and stylish setting, caters for functions of diverse size. For three consecutive years between 2014 and 2016, the hotel was recognized as "Hong Kong's Leading Business Hotel" by the prestigious World Travel Awards and the hotel collects the ultimate accolade for its renowned service as 'World's Leading Luxury Business Hotel' and 'Asia's Leading Business Hotel' in 2016. Its refined services and facilities makes the hotel the ideal choice for the savvy business and leisure travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Wotif.com, IHG, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, lastminute.com.au and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Grand Stanford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong