The Imperial Hotel
USD 162*
USD 150*
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
USD 216*
Hotels.com
USD 112*
USD 102*
  • Restaurant
Metropark Hotel Mongkok(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
USD 103*
USD 85*
Agoda.com
USD 259*
USD 224*
Travelocity
  • Pool
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
USD 115*
USD 79*
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
All reviewswalking distancemtr stationairport busperfect locationnathan rdhotel locatedavenuetsimsymphonydryerharbourdisneyland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Stayed here in Jan 2012 and this is a hotel located on Nathan street right next to a subway leading to the MTR. Small and busy lobby and is constantly humming with activity. The good bit is that if you check out in the morning and have a ferry or flight out later in the evening, you can keep your luggage in their baggage counter freeing you for the day.Buffet breakfast is in their restaurant 'Ootaya' which is a Japanese restaurant and unfortunately is very limited in their buffet menu. The famed Night market is just an MTR station away and picking tickets is incredibly easy. They have an tour operator in their lobby which offers ferry trips to view Hong Kong's famed 'Symphony of Lights' and other land tours across Hong kong.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NihalM
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I was on a business Trip to Hong Kong where after two of a bad experiences in 2007 & 2009 with Hongkong Hotels, I found the Hotel Imperial. The best thing about this hotel is the location, it’s on the Nathan Road just a minute walk from the metro station. It’s easy to access public transport, shops, cultural centre and star ferry. That was ideal for me.

This time, instead of trying to book myself or straight from Hotel,I booked online a tour package from Antilog Vacations , a travel wholesaler for Hongkong.The rates were cheap & I saved around 20-25% of what wud hv costed me.

The operator guys were there to pick me up at airport.Well dressed.I reached the hotel within an hour & it was a pleasant journey.I was mey by Mr. Chi Kwoon at the reception

Simple well-kept rooms and courteous staff make it a pleasant stay. A great deal for budget professionals indeed. However, if you are looking for the extra frills like pool or night club, etc, this place in not for you. It does make up for all the fun being in the Tsim Sha Tsui district where all the activities and shopping is.

Rooms are clean and service each day is excellent. Not good for families as rooms are not big in size. There is running hot and cold water, the towels are changed everyday, and the rooms are clean every time we get back from a long day of sightseeing. Some of the staff were young and very accommodating when we asked questions and when I requested for an adaptor for my laptop and phone chargers.

My only complaint about the hotel was the service we received from the staff. Everyone was cordial when I checked in and out however when I came to ask for directions and suggestions on where to go and what to do, they were immediately very uptight and unfriendly about it. There is a language gap if u can't speak local language

The best part is the location of hotel and that too for people visiting for business purpose as it is located in the center of Kowloon and pretty close to ferry terminal.

All in all, it was a comfortable stay. We weren't bothered throughout our stay. I will definitely use this hotel again.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Chetan B
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I enjoyed staying at this Hotel. I was here for a week with my parents and aunt. The room was large and spacious (more so than I would've thought seeing as space is very limited in HK). It was very close to the subway and as easy place to find with public transit. It was closer to all the higher end hotels that HK is known for and very close to the pier area. It's a bit of a walk from the Women's Outdoor Market but still very reachable.

My only complaint about the hotel was the service we received from the staff. Everyone was cordial when I checked in and out however when I came to ask for directions and suggestions on where to go and what to do, they were immediately very uptight and unfriendly about it. Maybe its because they were not comfortable enough to talk to me about this in English?

Great place to stay but the service could use a lot of work.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I stayed at Imperial Hotel for 4 nights. After reading TA i didn't wish a lot about this hotel except the location. First thing i entered was the lobby. Small, busy and good smell. The staffs were helpful but none of them smiled to the guests, i hadn't seen them smile. They also let me to save my luggage while i was going to Macau (HKD 10/night/luggage) and waiting for my flight after check out.

The room and bathroom was quite small and very simple. The bathroom only fits for 1 person of Asian size for showering. Overall they were so clean. I love the location. Perfect! In the center of tourist area, Tsim Sha Tsui, very close to MTR Station, malls, harbour, and Venue Stars. The most reasonable budget hotel with strategic location. So, i don't care even though the room was small, because i only need that for sleeping.

I will comeback to this hotel when i visit Hong Kong.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank nonatiwi
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I stayed in this hotel for three nights last December with my parents and aunt, booking 2 rooms. The location is excellent, surrounded by MTR exit and entrances on virtually all sides, and walking distance from some attractions such as the Old Clock Tower, Avenue of the Stars, Museum, and some malls and outlet shops (Esprit, Giordano) for shopping. It is right beside the much talked about Chung King Mansions which gets a lot of negative reviews for the "questionable crowd". I did see the crowd, but not at all questionable. It's a very clean neighborhood and I didn't find it at all seedy.

The rooms are quite small, but not overly so. There is running hot and cold water, the towels are changed everyday, and the rooms are clean every time we get back from a long day of sightseeing. The staff were young and very accommodating when we asked questions and when I requested for an adaptor for my laptop and phone chargers.

One snag, though. On our second night, the lightbulb in our bathroom went kaput. I recognize I should have brought this to their attention immediately but it was already late at night, and my aunt and I just wanted to go to sleep and not have any hotel staff come in and replace it. I did not inform the front desk later the next day because I figured they would notice it when they go in and clean the room. When we got back, they still haven;t. I do not believe they did not notice it because every time we went out of the room, we turned all the lights off (a habit) and every time we get back, all the lights were on. We had fresh towels, toothbrushes, but the light bulb was not changed.

Also, the booking was made by my cousin and he simply sent us the Hotel Voucher. Nowhere in there were we informed that we had to make a deposit of 100 HKD upon checking in. They asked for it, seriously putting a dent on our budgeted pocket money of HKD that we had to go out and exchange more to make up for it. They did return the whole amount when we checked out. Still, it would've been nicer if they informed us about it beforehand.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family