We started our trip to Thailand with a few days in Hong Kong February 10-13. I wanted to book the Peninsula but they were doing some construction. That was fortunate because the InterContinental Hong Kong was fantastic.
Be sure to get a room facing Victoria Harbor above the 8th floor. We had connecting rooms with full harbor views. WIFI worked very well and was free with my Ambassador Club membership. The restaurant was excellent; they have a wide selection of steak knives that you can choose from.
My only complaint is the cost to eat at the hotel was very steep. You will save money if you venture out of the hotel to eat. Our guide brought me to the best Dim Sum restaurant in Hong Kong which is close to the hotel and very reasonably priced. I suggest J 3 Tours Hong Kong for an excellent tour using Hong Kong's super efficient mass transit system.
The hotel is very close to the Star Ferry and the subway station. You will be hard pressed to find better in Hong Kong. I was at the Peninsula last March and the InterContinental is more modern with a better view of Victoria Harbor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deemed one of the world's top hotels, InterContinental Hong Kong is renowned for its dramatic location on the Kowloon waterfront, with spectacular views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island. Located in the Tsim Sha Tsui area, the hotel is convenient to Kowloon's business, entertainment and shopping districts. A wide range of excursions and activities are within a short distance and getting around every part of the city is easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Intercontinental