4,069 results
All reviews horizon club tapas bar cafe kool shang palace harbour view chinese tea guest relations our honeymoon health club wonderful hotel lobby lounge victoria harbour rooms are large the star ferry terminal nathan road light show chinese restaurant
Reviewed 5 April 2018

My daughter and I like staying in Tsim Sha Tsui and chose the Kowloon Shangri-La for an 8 night holiday. We booked a city view deluxe club room for our stay. The room was very spacious and after a few teething problems with housekeeping, our stay was fantastic. The bedding was very comfortable with a choice of pillows. The staff in club lounge were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was delicious. The evening snacks were ordinary but I must say it is the first time in my life that I have sampled a hot dog in a spring roll wrapper! Probably not something I will seek out in the future. The hotel was very busy during our first few days due to the International Toy Fair but the staff coped with this really well and we always felt top of mind. We booked a non-smoking room, which was fine, but there were some pretty heavy smokers on our floor which was disappointing. The spa and pool were an enjoyable way to end the day so definitely take swimming costumes. We ate at the Shang Palace a couple of times - truly delightful. The Kool Cafe does a great breakfast, although I preferred the less hectic club room, and a very nice a la carte dinner if a buffet is too much. We also had the birdcage afternoon tea on our last day. This was probably the only lowlight. The staff were not particularly friendly or helpful, which was a disappointing last memory. The hotel is right next to an MTR station, along with pedestrian subways, so it is very easy to get around. I would stay here again and absolutely recommend it, particularly the club rooms. I would have rated it 4.5 stars if it was an option.

Stayed: March 2018
3  Thank Club_Sandwich23
KowloonShangrilaMGMT, General Manager at Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Club_Sandwich23, thank you for your kind compliments and comments, which are most encouraging and useful while we spare no efforts in achieving service excellence. We are indeed pleased to hear about your enjoyable experiences at our Horizon Club and restaurants, and we all cannot wait to welcome you back on your next happy return visit. Yours truly, Philip Dewar, General Manager

Reviewed 5 April 2018

It's taken me quite a while to write this review but I wanted to relay my experience. From start to finish the hotel was fantastic and the service the staff provide is 5*. Nothing is too much trouble.

From a quick check-in to Chinese tea being delivered after I got to my room, things were great. If you can get Club access it is definitely worth it - the views and the drinks and food is perfect especially if you're meeting friends or work colleagues. I had a room overlooking the harbour and it was very spacious and nicely decorated. The bathroom was fantastic with great lighting and a huge shower.

I really don't think there is anything you could not find a the buffet breakfast - they literally cater for everyone; it is fantastic.

The location is great and very easy to find your way around. The concierge is very helpful too.

Room Tip: Harbour view, club room.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear TripswithKidz, we are all thrilled to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience at our Horizon Club, we all look forward to welcoming you back for another delightful time real soon. Yours, Philip Dewar, General Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Arrived at the hotel after a long overnight flight. Went to the club lounge to check-in to be told that the guests checking-out of our room would not be doing so until noon. That was fine with us as we would probably be doing the same.

Returned to check-in at 12.30pm to be told our room would not be ready until 1.30pm, we thought that our room would have been ready by this time but accepted the situation and went for a coffee. Returning at 1.30pm we were told that our room still was not ready. How long does it take to clean a room especially when you know that the new guests are waiting. By now we were extremely tired after our flight and pleaded that we be given somewhere to sleep and eventually we were given a room to go to. At this point Candy, a service manager, took control and immediately we got some action. Our room was ready and we were able to move in and get some sleep.

If you need any information about things to do or need directions the best people to ask seemed to be the bellboys, especially Kenny, very knowledgeable.

The shuttle cars provided a superb service,

Room Tip: Club rooms are good but there are better in Hong Kong
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Brodiehay, thank you for sharing with us your compliments and comments. Feedback like yours are certainly appreciated while we spare no effort in improving our guest experience. We all cannot wait to welcome you back in town, and more importantly, to our world of hospitality next time. Best regards, Philip Dewar, General Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My Wife and I had the fortunate opportunity to travel to Hong Kong! We Stayed Two Weeks traveling from Michigan! The Time frame was March,2015! Sorry for this late review but We had such an Amazing Time there and A Fantastic Stay in The Beautiful Kowloon Shangri La Hotel! Our visit was Business for A few days, Leisure for the remaining time! I also happened to celebrate My Birthday while there! The hotel was aware a head of time! There happened to be A Birthday Card and small Cake in My room!
Upon entering into The Lobby, we were just floored with how large and Beautiful it was! We had A lovely size room facing Victoria Harbour! Our package included The Breakfast buffet! We couldn’t believe how much different food was offered! We also found The food to be A good quality! Also,We always chose window seats.
Our second week we decided to Up-grade to The Horizon Club which was an Excellent choice! We got a Top Floor Room ,again with the same view over looking The Harbour! The Club was Great,we could go in any time, there were always snacks during the day! Breakfasts in the Mornings and A lovely Happy Hour late afternoon early evening! Just hanging out in that Club was A very nice relaxing feeling and Time!
This Beautiful Hotel was very nicely Located! Pretty much out the door was A MTR Station(subway)! The Subway was also amazing! So clean and easy to use and figure out!
Again with the Location , we could just Walk around everywhere and Also feel so Safe while there! Safe even in The late night hours!
We decided to Purchase Tailored Suites while being in Hong Kong! We used London Tailors pretty much across the street from The Shangri-La tucked inside A Strip building and Michael was His Name! So easy to work with!Prices were very good and He was Great!
We got to see so much and take in So many sights while there!
I could not get over how beautiful the Hotel was and The Large lobby! I would take A glass of wine down and just sip and people watch in the late night hours! Also loving seeing All the High End Cars pulling in!

With Our stay They Provided A Chauffeured Car to The Airport! We thought they were Just dropping us Off but No, They took us into The Airport ,helping us Along the way witched really Helped us!
Overall, We had A great time and would definitely Return to The Beautiful Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel! ...feel free for any Q’s, Cheers

Stayed: March 2018
KowloonShangrilaMGMT, General Manager at Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear EmZee21, we are all thrilled to have left such a lasting impression on you with a wonderful stay back in 2015! Thank you for sharing how you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us, from the lovely birthday celebration and prime location to the fantastic Victoria Harbour view and exclusive club benefits. We are also glad to hear how you departed in great style with our limousine transfer to the airport. We all cannot wait to extend our warmest welcome to you when you are back in town soon. Yours, Philip Dewar, General Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had an extremely comfortable large club room overlooking the harbour. L’occitane toiletries with large bathroom. Worth paying for a club room as the lounges are great for cocktail hour, afternoon tea and breakfast. Pleasant accommodating staff. Even to the point that they saw my husband was disappointed they didn’t have back bacon one day for breakfast, the next day they had got it for him! Hotel is very close to an MTR station too.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BainFam41

Dear BainFam41, it certainly sounds like a wonderful stay you had with us! Thank you for sharing such a memorable experience, and we are all pleased to have been part of your relaxing trip in Hong Kong. We all look forward to delighting you again next time you are in town. Yours, Philip Dewar, General Manager