“just what you need”

Ranked #14 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Christchurch, New Zealand
“just what you need”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

As usual the Shangri La was at its best. My favourite hotel chain that never fails to disappoint. Check in was hassle free, the lady at reception escorting me to my room and explaining the facilities etc. The bellboy that brought my bags to my room was very helpful with local information and showed a genuine desire that I enjoyed my short stay in Hong Kong.The rooms are of a good size and very comfortable, the location is excellent . My first time in Hong Kong for some time but now I know exactly where I will be staying when I come back.

Room Tip: ask for a harbour view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank alastair4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (907)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We enjoyed an executive suite at this wonderful hotel. Travelling with two small children having a separate room (in the living area) and two bathrooms made our three night stay in HK very enjoyable. Highlight was definately the Horizon Club, accessable all day for drinks and nibbles and for more substantial snacks during the evening. Perfect after a long day of sight seeing. Staff in the HC very helpful and enthusiastic about their city. And beautiful views of HK harbour from the HC, perfect to enjoy the light show. The hotel is located on the boardwalk next to the avenue of stars, easy access to the ferry, Nathan rd shopping and MTR. Highly recommended hotel for exploring HK and great with children, our kids were made to feel very welcome during our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank David P
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Decided to splurge on this place since I was travelling with my elderly dad. Very impressive lobby. Great service throughout our stay. We booked a Horizon Club room, so we got to have breakfast at the Club. Whilst the food was good, it had very limited variety. We also made use of the free shuttle service despite it's relatively infrequent times. Had dinner one night at Angelini's, and whilst it was good, it's really way overpriced. For the sort of price, it needed to be exceptional, which it wasn't. The location was ok, there was a MTR station nearby. But it is a bit of a walk from the main action areas of TST.

Room Tip: Harbour view rooms are exceptional.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 22 May 2012

After swearing never to do the long haul from Australia to Europe without a break again, we factored in a 3 night stopover in Hong Kong and chose this lovely hotel. It is everything one would expect from a Shangri La - a chain that is fast becoming our favourite. Good sized rooms, great views on the harbour side and gracious, helpful staff.
It broke my heart to discover that their Michelin starred restaurant is closed for renovations, but I guess that just means I'll have to get back there when it re-opens!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank amcwam
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Superb hotel, great location, immaculate room & lovely comfy bed......to sum it up in a few words!

As we entered our room on floor 20 the curtains slowly opened to reveal the view; it took my breath away! Drinks in the evening & breakfast were taken in the Horizon Club lounge overlooking the harbour which made for a very pleasant start & finish to the day (although the service was a little hit & miss at times.)

The location of the hotel couldn't be better, we bought a 2 day Big Bus Tour ticket, we found this took us to all the places of interest. Admission price to The Peak (the highest point on the island) was included with priority admission. Unfortunately, there wasn't much of a view on our visit to the top but the experience was a good one. (If anyone is like me and likes to visit Hard Rock Cafe shops wherever they go, there is one at the top.....OK I know I'm a bit sad!!) A few of the other places visited on the tour are Stanley Market, Repulse Bay & Ladies Market, it's a hop on hop off service so you can visit many places. A short trip on a junk is also included.

The Star Ferry & Nathan Road are within easy walking distance from the hotel.

There are several bars close to the hotel & along the Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade. We ate at the Doghouse one night, the food was good and an excellent live band was playing.

Hong Kong, for me, was all I had hoped it would be - the Shangri-La was just the icing on the cake!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple