Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,549 results
All reviews harbour city continental club china ferry terminal ocean terminal kowloon park business trip canton mall shopping hk mtr tst concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We were in HK for the Coin and Watch Convention held at Holiday Inn Nathan Road. While there are numerous hotels around the area we choose Prince which is under the Marco Polo Chain of Hotels as our base for the more than 14 day stay there due to its proximity to shopping and food outlets which are all under one roof at Harbour City Kowloon. I think this is also the place where you can take a ferry ride to Macau. I have never tried it so Im not sure. You can find a lot of high end shops, restaurants inside the mall or even outside it. Of course HK is a haven for hole in the wall restaurants serving authentic noodles and rice toppings which you can find everywhere. Finding a good restaurant is not hard, just look for the one with a lot of people eating or queuing up. Dont be intimidated with the staff or owners manning these restos who speak limited english. Just point at the photos of foods that you want or look at the food being served around you and point at it. For me the best noodles can be had in HK even in small shops. Just add a bit of chinese vinegar to it to have that out of this world taste.

Going back to the Hotel, what can I say, during our stay everything was almost perfect. We had problems with the Wifi connection since it slows down at around midnight. When we complained about it, the AM went up to our room and checked it. When she found it really slow, we went to another room on the 14th floor and checked the connection which we found to be good so we transferred there. Fruits in season as well as newspaper are always provided and when we asked for extra water, they doubled the allocation each day, but 4 500 ml bottles is really not enough for two grown persons, its a good thing that watsons and 711 are just nearby, or City super a nice mini supermarket where you can see a lot of expensive seafood from all over the world is inside the mall. But once you step inside you will be tempted to buy things which you dont need, in my case, I bought a sashimi and sushi pack even if I was already full. How can I resist the vibrant colors of the seafood.

Hotel amenities are superb, housekeeping are topnotch for travelers like us who leave the room like a pig sty. In our country, even the lower class can afford to have maids, in our case me and my brother in law have maids and drivers to serve us. It is really hard for two grown men to keep the room tidy but at least, me being the younger wash the cups, glasses and utensils before we leave the room.

The price is on the higher side but for me, you are paying for the convenience and amenities.

Whenever I stay in Kowloon, I prefer to stay at this hotel or in Marco Polo also located inside the Harbor City mall.

Room tip: They dont provide wifi boosters which they place inside the room. The connection at 1423 was good and you have partial view of the park and street.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank albert808
Reviewed 3 September 2012

What a marvelous change from Australian hotels. In the Prince you are made to feel special and nothing too much trouble. How different from the "I don't give a damn about you "attitude that I have come to experience in almost every Australian hotel. In the Prince they care and it shows. Rooms are very clean and tidy and breakfast was certainly good and filling. I can't complain.

Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2012 via mobile

It was my first trip to Far East and I felt so safe and good in this hotel.. Great staff, perfect location, quite clean.. But the breakfast was poor, there would be more
EU type food there.. It was generally ok but for that kind of luxury hotel, I was expecting more.. And.. The rooms are sooo cold, but this is the reality of FE.. Outside is hot and humidity is high, inside of buildings are breezy.. :((

Ps: there is a foot massage just across side of the hotel, its a MUST to do.. :)) dont miss it..

Date of stay: February 2012
1  Thank Dora A
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We usually stay at the Marco Polo Gateway but the quality was terrible last time we stayed there so we decided to give Prince a shot. It was an amazing stay to say the least. The staff is extremely courteous. The room is well-lit, comes with free wifi and a TV. Only downside is there is only one movie channel. We were also given free champagne and fruits on a daily basis. Absolutely wonderful. I liked how there were 2 places for me to lay down my luggage. Bathroom is nice as well. Staff is very courteous. Got a connecting room as was with several family members. Convenient location. Two thumbs up, very clean and nice-smelling, would definitely stay again.

Room tip: Ask for the rooms with a view of the city streets
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank PaulineY992
Reviewed 19 August 2012

This is an older hotel but has been well maintained. It is connected to Harbor City which has a variety of choices for shopping and lots of dining options. It is also very accessible to the harbor ferry terminal and the Macau ferry terminal. Efficient if not friendly check-in and check-out. Good breakfast comes with a clean room and a comfortable bed. I would stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business