2,669 results
All reviews pacific place the executive lounge admiralty mtr station high end mall mountain view corner room direct access peak tram shopping mall platinum member business hotel bit dated business trip breakfast buffet fitness center chinese restaurant harbor view room
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

We were attending an exhibition at HKTDC so we wanted a hotel that is quite close to it, JW Marriott did not disappoint, only less than 10 minutes by taxi. Taxi is alway easy to find here.

The room is well equipped with all things 5 star property should have. We stayed in a twin room which had 2 queen size bed. There were three of us and we planed to have an extra bed but given that the twin beds are already so big, we didn't need any. The beds were super comfy and the pillow menu was great.

Shower was great, one of the best I had. It had both rain and normal shower. Toiletries were good quality.

Now, the highlight of this hotel is definitely the breakfast buffet which I will dedicate a whole paragraph for it.

The buffet has all kinds of food you wish for in the morning and more. All kinds of eggs at egg station. Healthy white omelette with spinach was yummy. At least 4 kinds of sausages. Bacons. All kinds of hams and cheese. All kinds of bread. All kinds of milk including soy milk, chocolate milk, Yakult, and different types of yogurt. For the Asian part, great Dim Sum and Congee available everyday. Noodle station with pick your own vegetables and meatballs concept.

For the sweets, all kinds of FRESH tropical fruits and juice. Pancakes, waffles, and crepes are available with all kinds of jams, honey, Nutella, peanut butter etc. What impressed me the most was Hagen Daz ice cream fridge, packed with chocolate, coffee, vanilla, and strawberry. It also has gummy bears and worms, and marshmallows for you to grab.

Wow that was 2 paragraphs. Lol.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Optimissie
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

... and avoid the lobby; the throngs of cheap business suits is unbearable. The rooms are staid, tiny with no wiggle room and even as a smallish person, the ceiling height depresses me.

The advertisement on Expedia and their websites portrays an updated hotel, which besides one of the restaurants and bars is just not true. After enquiring they told me they are planning to undertake major renovations to some of the floors but nothing better was available; hence, confirming the pictures are misleading.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank akripa
jwmarriotthk, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Dear akripa,

Thank you for taking time to share with Trip advisor regarding your stay experience with us at the JW Marriott Hong Kong. It is with some disappointment to learn that we did not meet your expectations in regards to the age of the hotel's facilities. We did complete an extensive renovation of the Lobby Lounge late last year and have a continues plans to further upgrade the hotel in the near future.

If we can be of any further assistance please feel free to let us know. We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Best regards,

Alvin Shing
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Top class hotel in the centre of Hong Kong. Great amenities and very friendly staff. For business or pleasure, a must! Cuisine is amazing and the rooms very spacious which is rare in Hong Kong. Had an issue with transport to the airport which the hotel helped fix immediately.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Benjamin G, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear AndrewDTupper,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay at the JW Marriott Hong Kong. The opening line of your review really shows that our team of dedicated loyal associates delivered to make sure you enjoyed a wonderful experience.
I do apologizes for the inconvenienced caused with the mishap regarding the transportation but it is great to know that the team were quickly able to resolve the issue.
We look forward to welcome you back in the future and please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Highest Regards,

Benjamin Graham.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I’m a frequent visitor to the wonderful city that is Hong Kong but this is my first time staying at the JW Marriot.

First up, the hotel location. The hotel itself is located right above the Pacific Place mall which along with housing the usual boutique clothing shops doubles up as the entrance to Admirality MTR station. The Mall also houses entrances to the other two hotels in the area The Conrad and The Shangri-la and has a decent enough selection of restaurants on the bottom floor along with a pharmacy for getting any toiletries and what have you. Outside of the Mall and around the hotel there isn’t really much else in the immediate area. Don’t get me wrong, the area as a whole is bang in the middle of Hong Kong, but you are unlikely to be really wondering around the immediate vicinity of the hotel to find a bar or a hidden restaurant or what have you.

As with most places in Hong Kong the hotel is a breeze to get to from the airport. You can book a hotel car but it is frustrating because it’s about the only hotel in the world which doesn’t send you a link to do so in the confirmation email, nor does there seem to be any way to book the car directly through the website, so you are going to need to call. The hotel car is about 950HKD, with an Uber Black being about 750HKD, a regular Uber being about 450HKD, and a Red Metered Taxi being about 280HKD. A car ride from the airport to the hotel will take you about 30 minutes or so in normal traffic. You can of course choose to take the Airport Express train into Central station and then from there go one stop on the MTR to Admirality, or walk it in about 20 minutes.

Checking in to the hotel was quick, they did this in our room due to booking a hotel car, but I didn’t see queues at the usual check-in desks, they also upgraded our room which was very nice of them. I do like the hotel design, very traditional with a huge lobby and chandeliers and what have you, the way a hotel should be.

The rooms (at least ours on the 26th floor) were decently sized for Hong Kong, we had a nice sized bathroom with a bath tub. The shower was incredibly powerful and hot which is what I need in the morning. Back to the room, the beds were soft and comfy with the pillows being a little too soft for my liking, but there is a choice of other style pillows if you wish it. The windows to the rooms are NOT reflective on the outside so if you like to walk around naked with the curtains open then you are going to get seen by people in the other buildings across the way, whatever floats your boat.

The hotel pool area is on the 7th floor and kind of juts out from the side of the building. The area is nice with a decent sized pool and a Jacuzzi off to the side. The pool bar area is also very nice with big comfy sofas and a fish bar restaurant that seems to seat about 50 people. Two big complaints about the pool bar are 1) It closes at 10pm which I will never understand from an international hotel, and 2) the service is really slow. There are often only 1 or 2 staff from the pool bar wondering around and it can be a hassle trying to get their attention. The other slight issue is bar food. They seem to have weird hours where you can order food from the Fish Bar, or you have to order very simple snacks from the bar menu. Let’s say you want a cheese and ham sandwich at 3pm, well that isn’t happening. I didn’t personally eat at the Fish Bar but my friends did and they said the food was good, also try the Wagyu Burger.

The other restaurants in the hotel are a Chinese Restaurant that we didn’t try, a Steak House that was booked for a private party, and also the standard-hotel-affair evening buffet. We ate at the buffet on two occasions and I’ve got to say that it is expensive. Look I know I am staying at a 5-star hotel in the middle of Hong Kong, but 850HKD per person for the quite limited selection that the buffet offers isn’t really worth it in my opinion. On top of that I ate two lonely looking scallops that had probably seen better days and ended up throwing up all the next morning, so maybe that soured my view of the buffet?

The hotel lobby bar is right next to the buffet area so you can go in there after eating if you wish. It is quite a quaint little lounge bar with a band off to the side that provides almost any drink you could think of, however you better not be a night owl because the bar is open until 12 midnight and then that is your lot, which was quite the dismay to most of the tables as the lights went up and people realised there was no-where else in the hotel to get a drink. Again, an international hotel closing the bar at midnight just boggles my mind. Anyway, if you do want to drink a little later then you can run through the lower floor of the now closed mall and get over to the Conrad who keep their bar open until a slightly more reasonable 1am. Or of course, head to Lan Kwai Fong in a taxi in about 10 minutes, which is the famous drinking area in Hong Kong, but not really a place to relax with a cocktail.

If you are sight-seeing then honestly it doesn’t much matter where you stay on the island, everything is easy enough to get to either through the MTR, Uber, or metered taxi.

Check-out was quick, I booked an Uber Black back to the airport which came in about 10 minutes so no issues there.

All in all I think the JW Marriot is a nice hotel, I like the layout, I like the pool area, and despite the slow service around the pool the rest of the hotel service is impeccable. My only gripes are the expensive and limited evening buffet, and that there is nothing in the area to do once the mall is closed, and then closing the pool bar at 10pm and the lounge bar at 12 midnight is doesn’t help this at all.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeanChew
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Don't get me wrong as it relates to most hotels this place is very nice. It just doesn't really deliver on the JW brand promise especially compared to Jakarta or Bangkok and even to the standard Marriott in Singapore.

Check in was quite long and crowded. When checking in we were presented with a bunch of "rules" related to the exec lounge. Didn't understand until later why this was the case. No upgrade provided despite my platinum status.

The room is small and really nothing special. Despite many attempts we struggled to find comfortable pillows. The latter portion of the trip found our bathroom attacked by red ants. Not a lot, but still bothersome. Only one chair in the room... what about when there are two guests?

The exec lounge is terribly managed and over crowded. Twice we saw folks get up to get another dish and while they were not seated their table was cleared and given to another customer. No senior management presence in the lounge despite it being a clear problem spot. Food selection is limited for breakfast, and one must pay additionally to go to the JW cafe - which again is not normal practice for platinum guests. The lounge is densely packed as well, so one doesn't really get any feeling of privacy or exclusivity there. In fact, it makes one feel uncomfortable and rushed.
Food was not replenished quickly, tables were not cleared quickly, and the lounge seemed very understaffed.

The gym is small but excellent - with nice new lifefitness equipment. Good enough weight machine section and all the cardio equipment one could want.
Pool is also nice.

Generally food in the hotel is very good. At these prices, it should be.

One more problem is that the elevators are incredibly slow. Especially from the lower ground, plan on waiting several minutes for an elevator.

Hotel location is great with simple access to Admirality MTR and a stop on the airport express shuttle at the hotel. (with light bags, take the MTR from central, not the bus... much faster!)

If I want to stay in this area again, I'll probably try the Shangri-La next time to see if they can do better.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank j889814672
jwmarriotthk, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear j889814672,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Tripadvisor regarding your experience at JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong!

I am disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. Please rest assured that your comments would be shared among concerned departments and hotel management will look for ways to improve the products and services provided. Nevertheless I am glad that you found our hotel accessible and restaurants with great food quality. Also, I am extremely happy to see that you enjoyed the swimming pool and the health club as well.

Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to the JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong and if there is anything I can do for your next stay with us, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,