3,113 results
All reviewsnathan roadmtr stationexcellent locationihg membertwo double bedsexecutive clubtsim sha tsuiwalking distancenathan rdrooftop poolchungking mansionsconvenient locationbuffet breakfastexecutive floorshopping districtan upgradehandy phone
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Used to be my go to hotel in Hong Kong but after a while the rooms just felt too old for the money they wanted so I stayed away for a couple of years. Needed to spend the night in Kowloon so decided to give them a try again as an IHG loyalty member.

Was given an executive floor room and must say was pleasantly surprised to see a nicely renovated room with a new look and feel, this was a vast improvement from the old rooms.

Service is good at the Front Desk, restaurant and bar but still spotty from room service.

Overall will put HI Golden Mile back on my list of hotels to stay in when visiting Kowloon.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Mr_Gerhard_Aicher, General Manager at Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you so much for posting your review and feedback, and for your very kind words and positive feedback - it really is very much appreciated. It was a pleasure to welcome you back, and I so pleased that our recent renovations and improvements met with your approval. I'm also always happy to read that my team took good care of a guest and be assured that I will pass your comments to the team who will also greatly appreciate it. Thank you for choosing us, I'm thrilled that you would readily return - and it would certainly be a pleasure and privilege to welcome you back. Warmest regards from Hong Kong.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights with my wife and baby as well as my parents and everything pretty much exceeded my expectations.

The location of this hotel is simply convenient. The mtr station is just a stone's throw away from the hotel entrance. The other entrance of the hotel is along a busy street where there is a bus stop for those intending to take the bus. Beside the hotel are several shops,coffee shops, convenient stores and fast food places such as cafe de coral and jollibee. Malls such as isquare and k11 art concept mall, just to name a few, are all within walking distance.

Other attractions such as the hk cultural center, harbour city mall and the avenue of the stars (under renovation) are all within a few mins walk away from the hotel.

Checking in this hotel was a breeze. The receptionists at the lobby made things easy for me. Check out was also convenient as well.

We booked two deluxe rooms with two double beds per room. The hotel also granted our request for connecting rooms. The rooms were spacious, cozy and most importantly clean. Acu functioned properly and the bathroom was okay, the hot water in the shower was working perfectly. Wifi connection was available inside the hotel rooms, dining area, lobby and hallway.

The house keeping was very polite and helpful. They did not get irritated despite the numerous requests we made. Including having the electric kettle fixed. They quickly sent an engineer to repair the defective electric socket causing the kettle not to function.

There is a swimming pool on the top floor which we were not able to visit. The dining area for breakfast is on the 1st floor. The only complaint I can think of was the crowd at the breakfast area. Make sure you have one family member who wakes up extra early to grab a table at the breakfast area. By 9am, the breakfast area gets extremely packed making it difficult to secure a table. They did allow people to sit on the tables one floor below but that was a bit inconvenient. The breakfast buffet was very good. They served both hot meals and cold meals including rice, sausages, meat, dimsum, veggies. There was also a noodle station, a salad area, fruits, bread, an area for fruit juices and milk. They even served indian food and others. The selection was very diverse and your stomach can only take in so much.

One thing interesting was they provided each room with a smartphone which could be used for unlimited landline calls to any establishment in hong kong. The android phone was also on a data plan. We used the smart phone for google maps and searching for places to visit and dine. The smartphone was extremely useful.

Overall we enjoyed our stay in this hotel and would definitely book this hotel again if we were to visit hong kong next time. Very highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 25green
Mr_Gerhard_Aicher, General Manager at Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

This really was a lovely review to come across and thank you so much for taking the time to post such a detailed and comprehensive account of your stay with us. I am absolutely delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time with us so much and I will leave your words to speak for themselves - but I would like to add that it was a pleasure to host you, and my entire team sends their very best wishes and very much hopes that we have the pleasure and privilege of welcoming you back the next time you are in Hong Kong. Warmest regards.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Staff is nice and helpful.
Location is excellent, walking distance to several points of interest and subway.
Breakfast is overcrowded , dinner prices are above average, even for Hong Kong standards .
Rooms still use carpets and smell cigarettes, although they are for NON smoking. We tried other 2 different rooms, no success .
We asked for an air purifier trying to solve the issue .... noisy and smelly (mold).

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Mr_Gerhard_Aicher, General Manager at Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for posting your review and feedback - it is very much appreciated. It is good to know that our location served you well and I do hope that you had a good time in Hong Kong and enjoyed exploring our neighbourhood. I'm also very happy to read that my team took good care of you during your stay. It is clear however that we fell well short of your expectations in many other regards and for that, please do accept my sincere apologies. It is true that the breakfast area does become very busy at peak periods and be assured we are aware of this and are always looking at ways of improving upon the guest experience. With regard to the specific feedback on your room, I do appreciate the frustration and inconvenience caused, especially the fact that reallocating your room did not rectify the matter to your satisfaction. Please be assured that we are committed to constantly investing in the hotel, and last years major renovation to our lobby and recent upgrade works to our rooftop pool area are two such examples. We have also fully refurbished all of the upper floors of the hotel and are now designing and planning to extend this to a further four floors of rooms and suites next year. I do hope that one day we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back so you might have the opportunity to experience one for yourself and for the chance to impress you somewhat better than we did on this occasion. Thank you for choosing us and on behalf of the entire team - we hope to see you soon. Warmest regards.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We’ve been to Hong Kong several times and stayed at Holiday Inn Golden Mile twice.

This last time we booked for 2 adults and 1 child. We got a nice room, but only 1 bed... we explained the situation and got another room at the 12.th floor with 2 beds. That’s ok. What’s not ok is that the bedsheets are of poor quality and it feels like you are sleeping on sand. We complained and nothing happend. Perhaps we also should complain of the smell of mould or the wabbly toilet? This is quite terrible.

What is great? The breakfast.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Monica H
Mr_Gerhard_Aicher, General Manager at Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for posting your review and feedback here and for choosing us as your hotel here in Hong Kong. Please do accept my sincere apologies for any shortfall in service standards from any of my team, and for the administrative error in the allocation of your room - I fully appreciate the frustration and inconvenience caused. With regard to your specific feedback, I will be sure to pass your insights on to the director of housekeeping as your thoughts are greatly valued and duly noted. Please be assured that we are committed to constantly investing in the hotel, and last years major renovation to our lobby and recent upgrade works to our rooftop pool area are two such examples. We have also fully refurbished all of the upper floors of the hotel and are now designing and planning to extend this to a further four floors of rooms and suites next year. These works will naturally extend to all their associated bathrooms and will include full upgrades and renovations. Thank you though for the positive feedback in regard to your breakfast experience and its great to know that we started your day well. I do hope that one day we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back so you might have the opportunity to experience one of our new room product for yourself, thank you for choosing us and on behalf of the entire team - we hope to see you soon. Warmest regards.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I had not visited Kowloon before and booked this hotel because of location so I could walk around explore the area. I booked a basic room (10th floor) and it was poor. Moldy smell and worn appearance. I mentioned this at reception and they quickly and kindly moved me to an executive floor (16th floor). That room was fine. I would rate this as a tourist hotel not a business hotel. Breakfast area was very busy. I will go back to Kowloon on a business trip next month but stay elsewhere. The location was of this hotel was good.

Room Tip: Price in a room upgrade when comparing to other hotels.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your review and feedback here and indeed for choosing us as your hotel here in Hong Kong - your custom is greatly valued and appreciated. It is always good to know that our location was perfect for a guest, and I do hope that despite you being here on business, you found time to relax and enjoy the city and our neighbourhood. I'm pleased that my team were swift to respond and were able to switch your room, and that this was more to your liking. Please be assured that we are committed to constantly investing in the hotel, and last years major renovation to our lobby and recent upgrade works to our rooftop pool area are two such examples. We have also fully refurbished all of the upper floors of the hotel and are now designing and planning to extend this to a further four floors of rooms and suites next year. Despite your indication that you would not readily return, I do hope that one day we will all have the pleasure of welcoming you back so you might have the opportunity to experience one for yourself. Thank you for choosing us and on behalf of the entire team - we hope to see you soon. Warmest regards.