1,463 results
All reviews sheung wan hi express dim sum square macau ferry terminal airport express third party mtr station free breakfast walking distance hollywood road shower door frosted glass noodles minute walk sofa bed free shuttle high floor
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

Staff were all very friendly and the hotel is in a good location a few minutes walk from Sheung Wan subway station. If you are coming from the airport on the Airport Express train to Hong Kong station, you can take the free blue H1 hotels shuttle bus. Holiday Inn Express Soho is the first stop. We had a room on the 33rd floor with a nice view looking up towards the mid levels and Victoria peak. There is free wifi and self service laundry machines. Rooms were just average though and starting to look worn, especially the carpet and bathroom. There's free breakfast with Asian and western options but nothing too exciting. Overall just a good value decent hotel.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HIESoho, Manager at Holiday Inn Express HONG KONG SOHO, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Dear nybos,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Soho and for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay.

We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and also satisfied with our service and facilities from the arrival experience to the great city view from the room, which added to our primary location has made your stay more enjoyable.

We sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback that you have bestowed and we will be constantly improving and delivering a good experience to our guests.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

With warm regards,
Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Soho

Reviewed 1 December 2016

This is my go-to hotel when I'm traveling alone to Hong Kong. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The location is great, just steps away from Wellington Street, with great food and shopping. The breakfast can be improved upon a lot more. I appreciate the laundry room to do a load of laundry before I leave.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Stayed here for 4 nights recently. It was an average hotel for the price paid. To be fair there were pros and cons during my stay.

Pros -
1) Location was good. Just a 2 minute walk to Sheung Wan MTR Station.
2) 10 minute walk to Central Ferry Piers through IFC mall via the overhead walkways. In fact, I only took the MTR once during my 5 day stay. I took the Star Ferry across the harbour. It was more pleasant without having to squeeze with the crowd on the trains.
3) If you need to travel to Causeway Bay, just take bus 5B outside Wing On Department store along Des Vouex Road Central. More pleasant without the crowd.
4) Eateries and cafes in the vicinity of the hotel.
5) English speaking staff.

Cons -
1) Rooms are pretty small. If you have 2 luggages, it will be a bit of a squeeze to walk in the room.
2) Water pressure is bad. Apparently they put a water saving device in the shower head which reduces the pressure. Difficult to have a good shower when the water is just trickling. Had to ask the front desk twice to do something about it.
3) Gets very crowded during breakfast and you may have to wait for a seat. Not much variety for breakfast unless you want to grab yours around the hotel.
4) Keep getting disconnected from the wifi. Have to re-connect every now and then.

Pretty average and not something I will rave about.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HIESoho, Manager at Holiday Inn Express HONG KONG SOHO, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Dear clayman4,

It is great to hear you were impressed with the hotel’s location and the surrounding neighborhood. Whereas, please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations in contain areas. Be assured that we do not take this lightly and take corrective actions to ensure that improvement will be made. We wish to thank you for your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and continually improve our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future so that we could have the opportunity to demonstrate our improvement to you.

Best Regards,
Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Soho

Reviewed 26 November 2016

Stayed 1 night for business in February 2016. The hotel was better than expected, by far! Rooms were modern and actually nice. The service was superior! Staff welcomed me with a goody bag, which i really didn't expect. I enjoyed my stay.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed there just for 1 night. We arrived there late night from Disney land trip and but the check-in was very smooth and feel so welcome by lovely receptionist Ms. Tina. She was very kind and gave us welcome drink and beautiful room with great view. We sleep too well and missed the breakfast so I would like to try if I have a chance to come back there. Wi-fi is not too fast but no need to put any password so it's easy to access.

Date of stay: November 2016