I loved my stay at the Mercer Hotel earlier this month, on a weekend getaway to HK.
It's conveniently located in the Sheung Wan district in Central HK and attractions like SoHo and Lan Kwai Fong are no more than a 10 min walk away.
We stayed in a Premier room which came with a little kitchenette and sitting area which was divided by a glass wall from the Bed room. The overall room size was quite good given how small HK hotels can be and the bathroom was also of a good size.
The room decor is not something I like personally, but its all new and modern, with 2 flat screen TVs and comfortable furnishings.
Our room rate included free wi-fi, free mini-bar (a first for me!) and a breakfast buffet. I was very pleasantly surprised by the buffet spread, having expected to find a meagre selection. Instead there was a good choice of hot and cold meals
The hotel also has a small but decently fitted out gym (read - 2 treadmills and other equipment) and on both occasions that I went, my husband and I were the only users.
Other perks - the room came with a Nespresso machine. Was good to wake up and have a good cup of espresso. And the hotel has a small list of DVDs for you to watch in your room - free of cost.
Our Premier room was not cheap, but then this is HK so we had expected to pay a premium. I would however happily go back and stay at the Mercer on my next trip to HK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadines Mercer delivers contemporary luxury and comfort with large spacious rooms in the fashionable up and coming Sheung Wan area. The new boutique hotel is only 1 minute from Sheung Wan MTR station, and within easy walking distance of Central’s prime business, shopping and dining locations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Ctrip TA, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Citadines Mercer Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mercer Hotel Hong Kong
- Citadines Mercer Hong Kong