“Small Hong Kong room but thats normal for Hong Kong”

Lee Garden Guest House
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I wanted a cheap but safe option so avoided the well known Mansions down the road due to reports of rats and not being safe. Paid more for a room here and its small but clean. Towels and room are cleaned daily. Great english speaking man checked me in and explained everything, including the 4 keys. Good security with 2 lock up doors before even getting to my room. Other key is for locked draw in room. Bathroom is small and annoying that shower wets everything in bathroom when you shower. not much room to put toiletries.
Feel safe though and excellent location on Cameron Road which is just off the busy Nathan Road. MRT train station is at end of road which is very handy.

Room Tip: Ask for the double bed which is the option for the single room with bathroom. Room is bigger with bi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Julie1967_11

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I booked the single with a private shower. The location is fantastic, the bed was really comfortable, and the room was immaculately clean.
The directions on the website (and in the confirmation email) were spot-on, relieving me of any "how-do-i-find-the-place" stress.
The room is tiny, yes, but you get what you pay for. There are bigger rooms if you want to pay more.
There was a problem with the hot water in my room the first morning, so the staff let me shower in an empty room (seemed huge in comparison to mine!) gave me a banana fritter for my trouble, and the problem was resolved the next morning, so I can say the staff is also very accommodating.
All in all, a great place to stay if you're on a budget in Hong Kong.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank EydneW
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Thumbs up for the safe and very clean compact room even this is old building. Location is in the centre of TsimShastsui, just 5 minutes walk to MRT. Price is cheap in HK and thick cosy blanket is provided. Definitely worth what you have pay. The staffs are all friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Canndyy
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My family travelled to HK on a budget and we got this hostel. At first I was afraid that our flight would be late and we wont make it to their 12MN closing, as one of the reviews said here. True enough, our flight was delayed and we reached the hotel around 12.30AM. Good thing the lady at the reception was just going out and was kind enough to come back up and check us in. Hopefully she didnt miss her bus home. Otherwise, I would have had two very tired, very young kids in tow while looking for a place to spend the night at 1 in the morning. I have stayed several times in Central before but it was my family's first time in HK and the TST area was unexplored territory.

Anyway, the room that was given to us was very small but very clean. We had the triple room which was one single bed and a double bed, hubby and I and our two kids just squeezed ourselves into the space. It was quite fun actually.

The guesthouse was very conveniently located. a couple of steps away from the MTR, the ferry station and the bus station. Evrything was within easy reach. One ride to the airport via bus. A couple of minutes walk to the ferry terminal which took us to Central. the MTR took us all the way to disneyland. Lots of kid-friendly eats - like McDonalds, KFC and burger king. A few steps is Nathan Road which is a shopper's paradise.

As to facilities, there was hot water in the utility area and a microwave. the TV was small and limited channels, but there was Spongebob show in chinese so my kids were happy even if they dont understand the language. We stayed in February and we didnt relly mind the airconditioning.

The hallways are narrow and the first thing i familiarized myself with was the fire escape route. If on a budget, then this hotel is really value for money because of its location. There is also a playground near the Avenue of the stars which my kids just loved to play at.

The staff was really helpful and friendly and I thank the lovely lady who let us check in despite having arrived past midnight. We were just so lucky she stayed late.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Dada C
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Interesting Guest house whereby you need to open the first door of the lift yourself. I find it cool n interesting. Although the room is tiny compared to the hotel but there are still enough space for two person n two medium luggages. Washroom is tiny but if u r not calculative, is actually pretty fine :) Clean bedsheet n blanket. Staffs are friendly including Mr. Chan. A very convenient place to stay with MTR nearby.

• Stayed: February 2012