Lowest prices for your stay
USD 34
Free cancellation until 02/10/21
Hotels.comUSD 35
PricelineUSD 39
Trip.comUSD 58
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I stayed at Apple over the new year so it was a convenient location for the countdown. I had a private delux room with a small window and my own water closet. My room was cleaned, bed made and a new towel everyday. Each room had a license on its door as per the regulations in Hong Kong for a multi unit boarding house. The rooms were small as illustrated in the pictures but I still managed to get my suitcase fully open which is not the case in a lot of these types of hostels. The elevators were frustratingly slow and there are some shady characters staying in Chungking Mansions. So while I found Apple Hostel itself clean and secure and a fantastic price for Hong Kong, getting in and out of the building was a bit of a challenge especially when random drunk guys would approach. Another downside to Apple is the layout where the areas are split into two. The office was located in the other part so when two nights in a row, my area had a drunk guest arguing and singing to himself at the top of his lungs at 2am and again at 4am, no one came around to do anything which I found quite disappointing.

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I stayed at this hostel for 2 nights. I was very suprised at how small the rooms were but they were clean and very very comfortable!! The location was in a very crowded part of the city and was on the 10th floor. The elevator was always crowded and the people appeared to be seedy. However, I always felt safe, it just took some time to get used to. This hotel is very close to public transportation. I was able to take the bus ( across the street) to the subway,and then to the airport. It is about a 30 minute walk to Hong Kong harbor. I enjoyed the staff, they were very friendly and helpful. Always had smiles. I recommend this hotel if you want to save money.

3  Thank lori l
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Loved Apple Hostel. Easy access from the airport (bus A21, get off stop 14 at $33HKD) The single rooms are TINY but its perfect if you just want a comfortable, clean bed, thats in a central location. The rooms are clean and the shared showers always have hot water (with free shower gel). My room is cleaned everyday and nothing is stolen. There is 24 hour access with a key. The internet worked fine for me (I guess having a room closer to the router box in reception helps). I was worried that the place would be loud and noisy but I couldnt hear anything from the block or from the shared bathroom which is right outside my room, so I slept really well........The owners are very friendly and helpful also. There are good exchange rates from the Western Union and Singapore Exchange on the ground floor of block B (better than airport) and you can get some amazing Indian food. The only issue is the lifts, with long queue times but you get used to it.

Date of stay: November 2012
1  Thank Leannable
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I did enjoy staying in this "Hostel" actually I wouldnt even call it a hostel or a hotel more just somewhere to sleep.

As the other reviews have said the room is really small, the double bed takes up most of the room, however there is space under the bed to store your bags etc. I found the room and bathroom really clean. The shower had really hot water which was a bonus for me travelling in asia.

The staff here, are really friendly, so nice and caring.I didn't have too much to do with them but when I did they were always pleasent and they gave me goof info on transportation options.

The reaons I gave Apple Hostel 3 stars is because it is in Chungking mansions. I really did not enjoy staying in here. Yes, they did try and sell me stuff most times but they gave up on the second day(that I could handle)however whenever I went downstairs the Indians at the food stalls would often stare at me and make inappropraite comments. I had to wait for the lift which was right by there stall which made me feel quite comforable and I would dread going down stairs to walk past them.

The lift was a bit of a wait, which was a little annoying at times however I only used this twice a day but if you were coming and going I would see this being a problem

Also the Location was great, right on nathan road and easy to find

3  Thank 04sarah
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I'd strongly recommend staying here. It was our first trip to Hong Kong and I'd have no hesitation in coming back! Excellent service from ALL staff, very friendly and helpful. Showers always hot, shower gel provided, tv in room, air con and fan in room. Wifi in room is a good connection too! Location in Chung King Mansions is right in the heart of one of the busiest places in HK. Rooms are a little on the small side but that didn't bother us at all. Thanks very much for a great stay!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple