The Upper House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 268*
USD 210*
  • Pool
Conrad Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
USD 404*
USD 353*
Conrad
USD 317*
USD 204*
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
USD 271*
Trip.com
USD 112*
USD 102*
  • Restaurant
The Kowloon Hotel(Hong Kong)
USD 170*
USD 245*
USD 224*
Agoda.com
2,523 results
All reviewscafe greymaxi barguest experiencepacific placemarcel thomaren productsandre futop floorhome away from homerooms are hugebest hotels in the worldespresso machineroom checkfour seasonshong kong parkfavorite hotelother hotels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2012

So this was my third stay at The Upper House and it never fails to surprise and delight. From the seamless check in to the quality of the room and the service throughout TUH is undoubtedly my favourite hotel experience in the world. Cafe Gray was as buzzy and yet quality as possible; the drinks were superb and I cannot find a single area in the hotel where they can improve...maybe Nespresso machines in place of the one's in the room already?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

Dear Angus

We are very glad to know that we are able to surprise and delight our guests even after several visits. To be considered your favorite hotel experience in the world is a great honor – many thanks that you keep coming back!
Please do let me know if may assist with any future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I have nothing but only good things to say about this hotel. Hotel and staff were in a different class from many 5 stars hotels. I give it a six star service. Have travelled to many hotels and rarely write reviews or feedback but Upperhouse desereves a special mention. For me aside on the fact they have one of the best rooms in hong kong its more their personal and professional service they provided. Their staff across the board are as accomodating as you can find from reservations to their guest experience staff. The fact the hotel is a big hotel and am sure they have a lot of people and things to attend to yet you feel like they treat you as their VIP customer and that your comfort comes first before anything else. True a fanstatic experience and because of that will be back in May.

Dear Alvin

Many thanks again for your review. Your comment about our level of service has been shared with the team. We are happy to know that you rate us so highly.
We are looking very much forward to have you back in May 2012.

Regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed at the Upper House as a stopover when relocating permanently from London to Sydney. This place blew us away in every area of comfort, style, luxury and hospitality.
From the welcome to the farewell the Upper House was faultless. Our room was huge and the bathroom was ultimate luxury. The little self serve mini bar is a nice touch (but perhaps too tempting with free m&m's!!!). Bed was really comfy and we had heaps of room with our three year old also having her end in the studio. She had her own little pair of slippers and thought she could stay forever!
Location was superb and the staff (all of them) were every day so extremely helpful. In our departure we had the whole team waving goodbye and our daughter felt like royalty!
Seriously can't rate this place highly enough but only suggest you go there and see/experience it for yourselves.

• Stayed: September 2011
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Thank you for having made the effort to write such a detailed review about your past stay at The Upper House. We appreciate it very much!
We are happy to know that your stay was faultless from arrival to departure and we have shared your comments with the entire team.
Please do contact me personally if I may assist with any future reservation at “our house” or any other Swire Hotels.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Almost hate to share this hidden gem of a hotel. We've stayed at fine hotels around the world and The Upper House is at the top of our list. From its incredibly friendly and efficient staff to the huge rooms with amazing views to the "extras" like espresso machines in the room as well as a "maxibar" stocked with free soft drinks, water, juices, cookies, chocolate, nuts, etc, the Upper House Has taken luxury and comfort to the next level. Be sure to arrange a dinner at Cafe Gray Deluxe on the 49th floor for food so good it will make you forget to look across the Harbor at the light show of Kowloon.
This hotel has thought of everything to make your Hong Kong experience wonderful. They even provide guest Octopuss cards to save you time of standing in line at the ferries or tram. Thank you staff of Upper House ( especially Nicholas & Benny in Guest Experience and Karen at Cafe Gray) for an incredible stay - have you thought of adding branches in other cities? We'll be the first to reserve!

Dear Vicki

We are pleased to know that The Upper House made it to the top your favorite hotels list. Many thanks for sharing your experience on tripadvisor, it is very much appreciated.
I have shared all your positive comments with my colleagues you personally named in your review. Swire Hotels might announce future projects and we certainly hope to share any news shortly with you.
Please do contact me personally if I may assist with any future bookings at The Upper House or other Swire Hotels.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

“One of the best city hotels I’ve stayed, hands down, ever. Not easy to top some of Hong Kong’s classics – but it is at least on par with the very best. The management clearly gets it right – from the subdued service to the sparkling interiors to the excellent cuisine. I can’t wait to return and bring my wife who keeps hearing me go on about it!”

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Consigliera-S

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review on tripavdisor. To be compared “to the best in Hong Kong” is an honor. We do try to provide a different hotel experience and we are happy to hear that you like what we do. I am looking forward to hopefully meet you personally during your next visit – next time hopefully with your wife.
Do contact me directly if I may assist you with any future reservations at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.