“Cool urban style in a super location”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Hong Kong Causeway Bay
Ranked #43 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I travel a lot in business and only bother to review hotels if they are worth recommending. This one is a smaller, newer property with rooms, lobby, and public areas in a kind of artsy contemporary style. The gym on top is small, but has an awesome view and a rooftop pool and stylish indoor/outdoor bar. The room was surprisingly large and had a flat screen TV built into the wall and a cell phone I could take with me when I left so I could get calls to my room when I was in the city. The staff and business lounge were also excellent. And of course, the location--near the subway and shopping. Much better than staying on the Kowloon side.

Room Tip: Ask for a good view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 May 2012

We appreciated an early check-in at 11:00 a.m. (we arrived from our long flight early morning at 9:30).

The room was great, very comfortable beds, nice bathroom, big flatscreen TV, DVD-player, safe, large fridge/mini-bar, free waters every day and great view of Causeway Bay (both from main window and also from the large bathroom window). Only negative was that the airco could not be completely turned off, so it was always a bit too cold in the room (cold when getting out of bath/shower and had to stay under the warm covers all night).

We loved the rooftop infinity pool (with bar), although the pool temperature was a bit cold (definitely colder than the listed temperature of 26C).

The hotel is about 5 minutes from the MTR station Causeway Bay and Times Square (shopping and restaurants).

Negatives were the expensive hotel food, especially compared to the nearby restaurants, and also Internet/wi-fi was expensive. Finally, the charge for an extra child rollaway bed was really excessive (HKD 500 per night).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Crowne Plaza isn't usually among my choice of hotels (I usually prefer something a little more higher end), but I chose to stay here for two nights because I was trying to keep costs down for my business related travel (HK is expensive!) and because it was relatively new. I wasn't disappointed.

Service was very attentive and the room was sizable and comfortable. There were nice touches that you would expect from a higher end hotel such as a fruit plate in your room that they refresh every day. Though they don't offer free Internet, they offered an all-you-can-use Internet and breakfast package that you could tack on to your room that saved you a little bit. Breakfast was fairly extensive -- pastries (just ok), fresh juices, eggs etc as well as chinese fare like congee, made to order noodle soup and a small selection of dim sum.

I had a problem opening my safe on my last day, and they came to fix it right away. When I told them I needed to go get breakfast right away so I can make a meeting. The manager, who would've preferred I was there, was very accommodating and took responsibility for the security of my things -- she promised to stay while the engineer worked on it, and personally brought me the contents of the safe to the restaurant so I can inspect it and make sure nothing was taken.

Location was very good. In fact, I chose it partly because of it -- It's minutes away from the lively Times Square district in Causeway Bay. It's slightly more of a walk to the MRT than I expected, but it's still only about 10-15 min to the train platform.

No complaints.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Happy Valley racetracks are beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This is the hotel you want to stay in when in Hong Kong. As soon as you arrive, you feel welcomed and appreciated as a guest. The little things are even taken care of, as nice candy at the reception desk, two mac's for free internet in the lobby. a special open deck floor (5th) for smokers, or just for somebody that would like some fesh air.
the rooms are excellent, all in a nice modern design. Especially the glass wall shower is a eye catcher when you first enter the room. I didn't have time to see the top two floors (pool en bar) but what I have heard it is a must see. So next tip will certainly include a swim on the 28th and a cool drink one floor higer.
The location is great, with just a short walk to the MRT station, some nice shopping nearby and a Starbucks across the street.
I am particular happy with the service. After arriving home, I noticed I left clothing in the closset. I e-mailed to the general info e-mail and recevieved a postive answer within a few minutes. Not somethingI was expecting sending an e-mail to such address. It is for sur a hotel I will revisit, and will recommend to others.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 14NABster
Reviewed 16 May 2012

The place was good and especially if you like Causeway Bay it is even better. Everything was very satisfactory, but especially as the hotel offers some amazing deals. Based on such deals around there is absolutely nothing to be critisized and all is excellent.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business