3,904 results
All reviewsfortress hillthe club loungeoil streetle restauranttop floorbuilding workbuilding sitebooked a club roomglass wallmtr stationstar hotelfantastic hotelrain showeroctopus cardpublic transportvictoria parkchinese restaurant
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We just went returned from Hong Kong after a week stay at Harbour Grand. The short version is my experience was wonderful and I'd happily return if in HK and recommend it.

The longer version of the review is:

1. Staff was outstanding. The staff is most courteous and accommodating. All of them, without exception. I will specially mention a few who were most memorable: Restaurant Lounge - Roger (who saw to it that we had an excellent daily breakfast), Emilie and really all of those who waited on us guests , Reception/Check In - Emily (who saw to it that our room was to our satisfaction...), Tiffany, and the whole crew, and the cleaning crew who visited/cleaned our room 3x/day and left a fruit plate each day.

2. Location is NOT near shopping areas (malls or Ladies' Market). That sort of stuff is on Kowloon island (at Mong Kok metro stop), not in Hong Kong island. I liked location because it was less traffic than Kowloon but my wife preferred the busy-ness of Kowloon. Hotel location is 5-7 minute walk from the nearest Metro station (Fortress Hill).

3. To/From airport - There is not a shuttle from airport to hotel. We took the fast train from airport to Central Station metro stop. From there, the hotel shuttle picked us up to the hotel which is about 25-30 minutes away depending on traffic.

4. Food was great for me. Didn't eat dinner in club restaurant but had breakfast there each morning. It's quality American style hot breakfast (eggs, bacon, fruits) with dim sum, etc. AND you can also order from the menu scrambled eggs with lobster, crab meat, etc. WUUT? Is that great or what?

5. Enjoy the great views at the club lounge level. I think you must be a club lounge guest at the hotel to enjoy the bar (free of charge with hors d'oeuvre, finger foods, gelato, wine, beer and cocktails).

6. Walk up to the 42nd floor (roof) to see the nightly light show. NICE!

Room Tip: Upgrade to rooms with a deluxe harbor view or better. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank G2529EEjohnt
GaryC_HGHK, 經理 at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Dear G2529EEjohnt
Thank you for sharing this great and very thorough review in TripAdvisor!
I am extremely pleased to learn that you had enjoyed our service and facilities during your recent stay with us particularly the great food and attentive service of our staff in the Harbour Club.
Our hotel is indeed conveniently situated with just a few minutes away from MTR station and we do offer 2 types of complimentary shuttle bus that goes to Eastern direction as well as Central / Causeway bay in order to enhance the convenience of our guests. The panoramic view from our top floor Club Lounge & the 42/F Skyline Pavilion is a perfect location to unwind and enjoy the unforgettable view of our renowned Hong Kong Victoria Harbour.
I wish to also take this opportunity to thank you for your kind compliments to the hotel and staff. I will certainly pass along your compliments to the entire team especially Roger, Emilie, Emily, Tiffany as that is definitely an added encouragement for them to continue to strive service excellence for all our guests.
It has been a pleasure looking after you and we hope to see you again.
My team and I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Harbour Grand Hong Kong in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

A very large hotel with over 40 floors and a great view of Kowloon and the harbour. The room was good for our needs, but not the largest. The service at the front desk was slow. Lifts were quick (we were on the 32 floor). The restaurant was reasonable, but not from my perspective particularly exciting. The location is close to the Fortress Hill station and the tram line so good to get into central Hong Kong.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rod l

Dear rod l
Thank you for sharing your experience in TripAdvisor!
Whilst I am pleased to see that your impressions were satisfactory in the main, I have made a special note of the points you mentioned regarding our service efficiency in Front Desk and I would appreciate if you could provide more information for further follow up. I would like to thank you for bringing the issue to my attention and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.
Our hotel is indeed conveniently situated with just a few minutes away walking distance from MTR station and we do offer 2 types of complimentary shuttle bus that goes to Eastern districts as well as Central / Causeway Bay in order to enhance the convenience of our guests.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel that is a little out of the main downtown area, but this adds to the appeal,as a bit quieter and very friendly staff. There is a free shuttle us to take you down town that we used every day and is very useful and the concierge was helpful in helping us plan our itinerary and meals. Easy to get around on mtr as well. Rooms very spacious and luxurious feel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Andrew E
GaryC_HGHK, Manager at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Andrew E
Thank you for sharing this great review in TripAdvisor!
I am very pleased to learn that your recent stay was enjoyable. Our hotel is indeed conveniently situated with just a few minutes away from MTR station and we do offer 2 types of complimentary shuttle bus that goes to Eastern direction as well as Central / Causeway Bay in order to enhance the comfort and convenience of our guests.
it has been a pleasure looking after you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights as a stop off on the way to Bali. We arrived at the hotel at 7 AM in the morning Following a 11 1/2 hour flight from the UK. The room had booked we told was not ready however we were told if we paid to upgrade our room for an extra £130 per night, these rooms were ready!! This is a little offputting as it very much felt like they were taking advantage of the fact that we were very tired after the long journey and would happily pay anything to get a room so we could have a rest. Although the hotel is a little out of the way this is not a problem as there is very easy access to the MTR and we also took advantage of the hotels free shuttle bus.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sarah E
Thank you for sharing your experience in TripAdvisor!
Whilst I am pleased to see that your impressions were satisfactory in the main, I have made a special note of the points you mentioned regarding room was not available for check in and we are sorry for the experience.
Please note that hotel check-in time is after 2 pm and we usually will try our best to assign a ready room upon early arrival guests knowing that they must be very tired after long flight ; however please understand that is only subject to availability depending on the last night occupancy and the room type available that match with all the preferences and requirements by the time guest arrive in the morning.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Fantastic hotel with harbour views , clean and tidy , look out for the prices of food and drink .Views from the viewing lounge bar excellent , cheapest bottle of rose wine aprox £50 Not all serving / waiting staff understood English.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor possible with Harbour views
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear michael m
Thank you for sharing this great review in TripAdvisor!
I am extremely pleased to learn that you had thoroughly enjoyed our service and facilities during your recent stay.