“Great food and view”

Hutong
Ranked #57 of 8,953 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: USD 32 - USD 90
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, View, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Reminiscent of an ancient family courtyard in one of Peking's fast disappearing hutongs (courtyard houses set between narrow lanes), Hutong's interiors are set against the most breathtaking skyline of any international metropolis. This is not the only surprise. The sense of adventure and sheer avant-garde creativity continues in the innovating cuisine inspired by the culinary styles of Peking and Shandong province.
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Great food and the view is brilliant. In Australia I do not go to Chines restaurants as I am a diabetic and when I ask for food with out sugar they always inform me the food is ok. Only for me to discover it is not. Not here they were true to their word. And the food was Brilliant.

There are newer reviews for Hutong

Reviewed 26 February 2012

beautiful setting and delicious food, presented well.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

We had a rough start with hutong. I booked a window table 6 weeks in advance for a 8pm sitting - so we could watch the laser/sky show. However when we arrived at 7:50 we were told to wait as the table was still in use and we were forced to stand in the 'foyer' to watch the show. We had to wait nearly 30mins - the time the show goes for, when I made my complaints known to the manager and we were offered 2 free glasses of Veuve.. not bad.
Soo.. we finally get to our seat and were recommended the 'set menu' of 8 courses which was a winner! the staff were amazing and very attentive. The wine list very well priced with a great range and the food was very good and lots of it. my fave was the crispy duck crepes!
Would I go again.. maybe but I would definately book for 7:30!!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

The views are quite stunning (although they need to clean their windows more often). The food overall was good but not as good as other far less pricey options; the view premium is very high. Scallops with pomelo not at all good, lamb salad ok, but tea smoked duck and minced pork very good. Wine prices are totally ridiculous - really nothing under HK$500 (although try the sweet osmanthus wine which at HK$108 for a good sized 'pot' is quite reasonable. Although it may not be very authentic, we like drinking wine with our food so seeing Australian wines for HK$560 that cost the equivalent of HK$56 In Europe is quite annoying!
Tables are well spaced and the atmosphere is good.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Why can't places like this realize that if they turn down the pretense and the price point they would have repeat customers. But it is what it is - an over-priced tourist trap.