“Stay Away: overpriced, takes advantage”
Review of Sun Tung Lok

Sun Tung Lok
Ranked #817 of 11,390 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I recently went to Sun Tung Lok for dinner with 4 friends - lovely ambiance. But that’s the only plus. We were graciously escorted to our table and dishes of cashews were placed at the table and then replenished (without any request). Needless to say, we were charged for this!! We were not asked if we wanted the nuts! We placed our order. But then the manager came over with a platter of beautiful prawns that we did not order. He encouraged us to taste them - saying we could cancel our order and have this instead. He neglected to tell us that this dishes was more expensive than what we ordered. At this point we were suspect of the manager and declined the prawns.

Then we got our ordered food - and then the bill. $22 US dollars for a plate of sautéed broccoli-??? Outrageous!!! This was in excess of the vegetable dish in a broth that was on the menu. Further we were charged a service fee - when we were specifically told told by the manager that there was no service fee charged!!

Stay away!! Visitors are not welcome — it was the only time in our Hong Kong dining experience that we felt that we were cheated.

2  Thank Nancy C

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I was hesitating, but finally came again.
As usual, the service was excellent, the atmosphere serene and elegant, truly Chinese as I like.
If the wine was just perfect - I can’t resist to a Saint Estephe !!! - This was not the same for the food...
I was a bit disappointed by the dim sum (go to the Peninsula hotel (first floor), there they are amazing) and also by their specialty that was slightly too much cooked and not as soft as last time. Fortunately, the fish was a killer !!! Almost Fantastic.
Do I recommend? I cant say...

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Dined recently with a close friend. Great service and dish presentation is top class with combined classic & modern style dishes. Tasty and refine.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Food was bland and boring. Way overpriced and the atmosphere was dull. So many better options out there.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Every trip my wife and I take we make it a point to try a nice restaurant. Sun Tung Lok was our choice for HK.

The ambiance of the place was elegant. It was dimly lit and the acoustics were good that privacy is maintained. My only complaint was the temperature. It was a bit on the warm side.

Service was good. Waiters were very attentive to our needs.

Lastly food was unique. This is not your typical Chinese food. Presentation was well thought of. Food was seasoned well.

I would recommend this restaurant but it’s best to ho there with a big group do you can share your food and try more.

Been to Sun Tung Lok? Share your experiences!