3,353 results
All reviews convention center harbour view dynasty restaurant the concierge lounge wan chai mtr covered walkway business hotel club level lobby bar easy access high floor business trip breakfast buffet the star ferry terminal fantastic hotel convenient location airport express
Reviewed 4 April 2018

A couple of weeks ago I went through the (very difficult) process of applying for a Visa for Saudi Arabia (in Hong Kong, though I am an Australian working in Macau). When I went to their office a second time there was some additional information required on the application that needed to be lodged online.
They gave me a very tight time frame to do this (one hour).
I went to the Renaissance Business Centre to do it (between about 11:30 am to 12:15pm). I tried to log on through one of the Business Centre Pc’s but it would not connect to the Saudi website. Unfortunately the data roaming on my phone was also not working.
The young lady who was assisting me very kindly allowed me to use her personal data on her phone. I was able to do what was required, she also helped me with photo resizing and printing.

I offered to pay her for the data I used on her phone and she declined.

I felt she acted well above and beyond what was required. I would like to commend her on her attitude ( I was being a bit difficult as I was under considerable pressure).

Please pass on my thanks and gratitude to her and if possible please send me her full name as I would like to send out a certificate of appreciation from our company for the assistance she provided.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Renaissance H, General Manager at Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Phill R

Thank you for your kind comment about our fabulous ambassador – Miko Lee. We share this throughout the hotel as an example of great hospitality and guest engagement.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel has again made my stay a memorable one. At check-in I was greeted as a member, assigned my favorite room without asking and all within minutes. Shortly after check-in fresh fruit was delivered. All the staff make you very comfortable and so welcome. A special thank you to the staff who attend to the room while I'm at work. Again, thank you all.

Room tip: I like the garden view and that maybe because we live near the ocean. However it is a specular harbour with all the local traffic and the cruise ships. Harbor view rooms are great at night as the lightshow lights up all those beautiful buildings. Decisions, decisions.
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Renaissance H, General Manager at Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear davidmS6235HP

Glad to learn that our ambassadors took good care of you.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I stayed here for 3 nights in March 2018 on business visit. First thing that stands out is location. Stones throw away from wan chai ferry pier - place where you get ferry service to go to TST, Central and other piets of HK. Equidistant from Bohemian square where power transfer from British to China took place in 1999. You can reach central by taxi also in 5 mins. Multiple storey hotel with good choice of in-house restaurants. Big pool and other usual 5 star hotel facilities. Being a member not only my check in was quick and I got a Spacious room but I also got a complimentary snack voucher to be redeemed at hotel cafe. Great ambience, room service, facilities. Would recommend for business as well as families who are on vacation in HK. Good job reneissance and Marriot!!

Dear Sachu_gavde

Thank you for your kind recommendation.

Glad to learn that you enjoyed all hotel aspects at our excellent location.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We booked a Standard twin room under the Marriott members' rate. We received an email to download the Marriott mobile app to be able to check in before our visit so that our rooms can be ready on time. The mobile app also has a chat feature where all concerns or requests are immediately addressed. We checked in at around 12:45pm and our room was ready with everything I requested for - twin beds, foam pillows etc. The front desk staff was courteous. The standard room is newly renovated, very basic and quite small but sufficient and convenient for our overnight stay to visit the HK convention center. We had a late lunch at their Dynasty restaurant. The dimsums are delicious and well presented. Our server Leo was friendly and helpful. The next morning, we did not take the breakfast option but instead took a delicious muffin sandwich at the small hotel "gift" shop. Our only complaint about this hotel were the attendants at the pool area. My husband went swimming early in the morning and he saw that there were no towels near the pool area. He politely asked for towels in English from the 2 attendants who were chatting away and not paying attention.They pointed him to an area far away from the pool to get towels instead of assisting him with it. A little while later, he saw that they were laying towels on each lounge chair near the pool area. We concluded that it must have been part of their job to provide towels to the guests but they just did not do it for my husband. That was the reason for the average rating on this review. The incident occured at around 7:30am on April 1, 2018.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear eat1226

We regret to learn about the unpleasant experience at the pool. Your comment has informed to the pool management for their further investigation and improvement.

We hope you enjoyed the stay overall and look forward to serving you better in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Arrived late Friday afternoon and just missed the check in crowd. Hadn't been here in over 10 years and glad to see she is still one of the best right on the harbor. Used the mobile check in line which had the most people in it but went by real fast (about 5 mins). Received an upgrade to the 35th floor with a great harbor view. Checked out the lounge level for happy hour and snacks all quite nice. Lots of people mingling great catching a snippet or two and the usual 2 min convo why here..... Rooms are a bit smaller than what you get in Shenzhen but not cramped compared to other rooms in Kowloon that I have had. Bathroom also isn't large but fully functional. Room is easily cooled, internet service fine, hotel gym real nice and so is the pool area..use it!

I'm looking forward to my next visit already.

Room tip: ask for a harbor view 15 floors or higher
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear jrube

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the Club facilities.

Look forward to your next visit to Renaissance Harbour View Hotel.