3,248 results
All reviews convention center harbour view dynasty restaurant the concierge lounge wan chai mtr station covered walkway business hotel club level lobby bar easy access breakfast buffet business trip high floor the star ferry terminal fantastic hotel an upgrade convenient location
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We travelled with another couple of friends who stayed in another room. They were upgraded to executive lounge levels and we were not. Slightly disappointed that we were not afforded the same luxuries such as free lounge entry as them (especially considering we booked the trip!).

Having said this, the service was pretty good, and all staff were very friendly. One of our party lost their mobile phone and the staff were absolutely USELESS with him having to constantly chase up with them and remind them to call numbers. Another time, we had a booking with a suit company and the assistant who was supposed to call them did not (and lied to us at she did) - This was easy to disprove.

Apart from the less than ideal service, the facilities were very good, including greater than par gym facilities for he travelling fitness addict. I would try this hotel again and hopefully next time will receive better service!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ben R
rhi_hkghv, General Manager at Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Ben R

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We noticed that we have failed in meeting some of your expectations. It is only through valuable feedback such as yours that we may have the opportunity to improve in areas where we fall short. Please contact me at rhi.hkghv.executive.office@renaissancehotels.com and we will follow up with action and improvement.

I sincerely look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our family of 4 recently stayed on the executive floor in Middle of July and had the most wonderful experience. I have travelled around Asia and have never experienced such a great combination of service, food, and comfort. This is truly a great hotel and appears to be wonderfully managed.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, take the executive floors as the food and service is worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
rhi_hkghv, General Manager at Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Frederick H

It is great that you and your family enjoy your stay with us.

We are looking forward to your next stay in Renaissance Harbour View Hotel.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Had a booking with check-in confirmed from any time after 2pm. Arrived at 7pm and told no room available until 10:30pm. Having travelled long haul from Australia with my 3 year daughter I told them that this was unacceptable. She was tired and distraught and no offer of free dinner really made up for no dinner. But still we had to wait without a room for 3.5 hours. Everything else was nice - pool, room, etc. but nothing could really make up for not having a room available when promised.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jaznet
rhi_hkghv, General Manager at Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Jaznet

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback, we sincerely apologize that your experience with us was other than wonderful.

Please contact me at rhi.hkghv.executive.office@renaissancehotels.com so we can obtain more detail and to communicate further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have stayed at the Renaissance Harbour View several times over the last two years, and have always had a very good stay.

The hotel is located in Wan Chai, and is attached to the HK Convention Center, so it is always a busy area. As a Marriott Rewards Member Wi-fi is free for all devices and I have never had any issues with speed. Additionally the Club on the 40th floor has spectacular views of Kowloon, as well as the area's surrounding the hotel, Food selection is very good in the club, and what you would expect from a Marriott for room service.

The one minor issue I have with this hotel is that the rooms are small, however as i am on business when i am at this hotel, its fine for one person. If you are traveling as a couple, or with a family, consider booking a larger room if available. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a Junior Suite on a recent trip, which was very spacious. Amenities in all the rooms I have stayed in have been the same, and plentiful, with the exception of the club rooms having Nespresso Machines, which for me is just a little slice of heaven! The pool area is quite large, and shared with The Grand Hyatt next door. Its a fantastic place to spend some down time if you can stand the heat and humidity.

The location of the hotel really can't be beat. If traveling to HK for a convention you are a 1 minute walk to the convention center. The Star Ferry Terminal is less than a 5 minute walk from the hotel, providing and easy way to get over to TST and Kowloon. I would recommend taking the Star Ferry during your stay just for the experience, I love it, and try to take a hop across Victoria Harbour at least once during my stay.

If you prefer the train, the Wan Chai MTR Station is a half mile walk on the covered walkways from the hotel. From there you can go anywhere. If you are staying in HK for an extended period of time, I would recommend getting your own Octopus Card for the MTR, it eliminates having to buy train tickets, and can be used in thousands of stores and shops in HK, and now even in some shops in Shenzhen China.

Once you are outside of the hotel there are many, many restaurants and shops within walking distance of the hotel, with both Western and Asian choices for food. This is an exceptionally busy area of HK, not as bad a Mong Kok, but the walkways and streets are jammed during morning and evening rush hours, so if you are in a hurry or don't want to deal with the crowds, move around at off hours. Also if there is a Convention in town this area gets even busier than normal, I was staying there once during a comic book convention and the lines to get into the convention center were out onto the streets, and the pedestrian traffic on the walkways was log-jammed. Additionally there is quite a bit of construction happening in-front of the hotel and in that general area, so it can be a little noisy in the early evening.

All things considered a very good hotel for business travelers, with a good location in Hong Kong.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear CosmoKitty24

I am glad that you enjoy your stay with us. I am sure that your detailed review and advice is helpful for other travelers, thank you for sharing.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Nice hotel and I usually like to stay in it. However, recently I found out that this hotel offers much lower price to Mainland Chinese travel agencies for Mainland Chinese to stay in the hotel. I found out this when I booked through the Taobao.com which many Chinese travel agencies use. Only I found the price they offer are only for Mainland Chinese citizens. As an American citizen, you would be paying for the same room in the same hotel but only double the price. The Chinese travel agency indicated this is not a differentiation on their part but an instruction from the hotel. I wonder why?

Room Tip: they will upgrade you usually unless busy time for the convention
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank shanghai_traveller
rhi_hkghv, General Manager at Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear shanghai_traveller

Thank you for sharing this.

Unfortunately the information you have been given is 100% inaccurate, we do not discriminate in any manner with our pricing, and sell only one price to travel agents. Please contact us at rhi.hkghv.executive.office@renaissancehotels.com so we may get some more detail. We are sorry this marred what would have been a wonderful stay I am sure.

I look forward to hearing from you soon, and you having the opportunity for you to return.