4,473 results
All reviewselements mallkowloon stationbliss spawoo barairport expressbliss productscool corner roomsing yinsammy yickfabulous roomrooftop poolspg platinumshopping mallconcierge teamyour luggagefavorite hotelthe ritz carlton
Reviewed 23 May 2018

I stayed at the hotel with my boyfriend for the weekend as a birthday treat for him. We are locals, so we know the area very well. But for all those first-time travellers in Hong Kong, The W Hotel is actually very convenient from the airport via the airport express. It is closed to Austin MTR station with lots of bus stops nearby. If you are not sure how to travel around by bus, you can simply download the KMB app for bus services.

Hotel facilities are great, it has almost everything that you could ask for at a 5-star hotel, including a rooftop pool on the 78th floor, ideal for Instagram!!! Spacious room and bathroom, great mini-bar inside the room or you could simply pop down to the hotel Woobar or other bars inside the Element shopping mall. Room service is also good with a great selection of food and drinks. I wouldn't recommend dining at The Kitchen, but Sing Yin Cantonese Dining is worth to try. Otherwise, they have lots of good restaurants at the Element like The Mango Tree or Lei Garden.

It has been extremely hot in Hong Kong lately and I like the fact that I don't need to get outdoor but I can still have a lot of entertainment nearby as W hotel is part of the Element shopping mall where they have all sorts of shops and restaurants, as well as cinemas and ice rink.

However, if you don't mind the heat and enjoy exploring the urban scenery of Hong Kong, you could either take public transport to your attractions, or you could just have a walking tour nearby. There are interesting places to go, such as the Temple street, explore the very local Hong Kong by walking down Nathan Road.

Stayed: May 2018
2  Thank CandiceC1124
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Hello Candice C,

Greetings from W Hong Kong! Our team is uplifted by your words and very glad to know you and your boyfriend enjoyed the birthday celebration with us! It is always our pleasure to be part of our guests’ happy moments, particularly for events like this. Thank you again for your comment which I have passed to the team! We hope we might have the pleasure of your company again soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Very convenient. Just a short mtr ride to Central and in the elements mall with many restaurants nearby. Very attentive and knowledgeable service by the staff as well. Rooms are comfortable. It is a W, though, so be prepared for the price and for the modern style.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank steve1118

Hello steve1118,

Thank you for taking time to share this encouraging review with the TripAdvisor community. I am glad you enjoyed the facilities and hospitality, as well as the convenience to different parts of the city. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I have been staying at the W during my 3-4 trips to Hong Kong during the last couple of years. I am not a big W fan as typically find them now to be tired and trying too hard to be hip. But the Kowloon facility is fresh and energetic.
Their location is great from an ease of access from the train from the airport which stops in the basement. And it has the benefit of having an MRT station in the basement as well. But you are on the Kowloon side so it is one stop on the MRT to the Hong Kong side.
Beyond location the staff is great, the gym is great and the rooftop pool (78th floor) is a draw for me. And the buffet breakfast is also worth sampling.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank SDodge56

Hello SDodge56,

I’m appreciative of your continuous support over time and it’s great to hear the many reasons we have become your hotel of choice, including comfortable rooms, convenience location and having highest outdoor rooftop pool in Hong Kong. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Without doubt one of the favorite hotels I stayed during my time in HK! Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by the staff and general manager, our names were known, and as a spg elite platinum we were upgraded to the marvelous suite. The staff was extremely friendly, the whenever whatever service is very flexible (appreciate this!) We had many great evenings here, which obviously also added up to the experience.

A special thanks to Patty and Francis who both are welcome managers in the hotel. Francis and Patty both carry a warm personality and are highly motivated to do there best for you! (recommendable!).

Note, this is 5/5-star hotel ( should be more), but the atmosphere is so special due to the staff. All respect to all of the general managers who do a great job here; a true sample of excellent hospitality! Once again THANK YOU PATTY AND FRANCIS !

Room Tip: Go for a cool corner suite... or any of the suites cant go wrong.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Hello Fadi E,

Thank you for such an appraisal! I’m happy to hear our team brought you a superb hospitality experience and we are so happy to have been able to deliver on your hard-earned SPG Elite Platinum benefits here. Your encouraging words have been shared with the team and Patty and Francis, in particular, were delighted. We hope your travels will bring you back to us soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Location, staff and room are just prefect. been there twice and will keep coming back! especially it is right near the shopping mall, I love it! staffs are super friendly too!

Whenever I go to HK, I always check W first if the location is near I will 100% book W!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Hello annybbb,

I’m happy to know of the many reasons why we have become your hotel of choice, including our room features, location, and our devoted team. We are looking forward to seeing you again at W Hong Kong.