“Not what I expected”

Capo
Ranked #6 of 11,372 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: USD 19 - USD 45
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Wanting to feel at home again, simple well made dishes prepared with passion, so here we are making hand made fresh pizza and pasta like long ago. Our Chef and Pizza-man are both Italian, passionate about their work, combining their artistry to make you feel as if you were in Italy. This is our philosophy, no fanfares, just original recipes and authentic Italian products.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Before going to Hong Kong I did a lot of research on restaurants and other attractions. Capo came up very well. In fact it rated 5th Italian in some reviews I read. However I found it very disappointing. Certainly the staff was very pleasant and welcoming. The place itself was small with only a few tables inside and some more outside. The main problem was the food. A very small menu with lots of pizzas We shared a Bruschetta not what I have had in Italy or even Australia raw onion is something I've never experienced on a Bruschetta. Difficult to find something I liked for a main my friend and I both settled on the beef. The meat was a little on the tough side and it came with potatoes zucchini tomatoes and these were piled on top. The zucchini was undercooked. Neither of us enjoyed our meal. Perhaps our mistake was not sticking to the Pizzza

1  Thank doreen15

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I went for dinner with friends. Its a small, quite old place, not too much deco. It has an outside part which it seemed more tempting for us to stay as it was a summer night. Its a place situated in a quite old mall, so the atmosphere didnt help too much. Staff was nice, although they took quite a while to take our order and food took long to cook as well. Anyways food was delicious, the burrata and the pizzas were really nice, traditional, good choices in the menu, my friend had a rissoto, she said it was worth a try as well. All in all, a good spot to consider.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This is a place that we have been meaning to go to for quite a while as we kept calling a dinner here off for something else.
First off, the owner of the shop, Marzia, was extremely nice to us and let us sit immediately even though we had no booking at all.
Our first order was the Burrata and it was amazing. Paired with tomatoes, onions and ham (prosciutto crudo) the Burrata cheese was extremely soft and tasty. We thoroughly enjoyed eating it.
We then decided to order two pizzas and two pasta dishes. As a family of 4 Italians, we were definitely not disappointed. The pizzas were both delicious and the pasta (which was homemade) was no short of a pasta in any restaurant in Italy. For the end, we ordered limoncello and ruconcello (you have to taste it) to digest our food and that was great foo. Overall, it was a very nice eating experience and I would definitely recommend it to just about anyone.
A special mention also has to go the waiters and waitresses for being really nice and even learning how to greet and say ‘enjoy your meal’ (buon appetito) in Italian.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I loved the pizza, perfectly cooked with a thin crust. That’s the only way to make it ! Outside terrace is really nice in the evening.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

a small Italian restaurant which serves original Italian food. I've been there for dinner with my girlfriend and had Pizza Tonno and Pasta with tomato. Both was very good. The location is nice and staff very kind and helpful. Would recommand it to eat there!