1,088 results
All reviews the executive lounge main restaurant would highly recommend this hotel excellent room comfy bed walking distance swimming pool stayed one night high floor hotpot breakfast buffet is noodles taxi china chinese internet yuan
Reviewed 24 June 2015

We booked the Hilton for a bit of luxury considering the vile pollution in this megacity.We needn't have bothered because there was no luxury in this hotel.The room was so outdated with boring old furniture and carpets that I had to go outside and check that we were in the right place.The air con couldn't be lowered to a reasonable temperature so we had to swelter throughout the night making for two grumpy people in the morning.Nothing flash about this place at all and I trust other Hiltons are better than this.Add to this the hotel is stuck in the middle of a concrete jungle with no decent attractions or places to eat within coo-ee.Save your hard earned money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theshadow58
GM_HiltonChongqing, Director of Business Development at Hilton Chongqing, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2015

Dear Danythefox,

We want to personally thank you for sharing details about your stay with us. We understand guest room presentation was a concern, and assure you that we will use your feedback to improve. An extensive renovation is underway/scheduled to begin. I hope you will give us another chance to offer authentic Hilton hospitality when you return to Chongqing.Thank you!

Reviewed 13 June 2015

Lovely hotel situated up a hill with good view of the Yangze. Ideal stay for night if going on a Yangze cruise. Spotlessly clean, room good size. Staff welcoming. Bar prices quite high but OK for a drink before bed.

Room Tip: Higher level
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
GM_HiltonChongqing, Director of Business Development at Hilton Chongqing, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2015

Dear Jean,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Chongqing and sharing your kind feedback. Our team are delighted to learn that you had enjoyed our service and the spotless guestrooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Nice hotel with warm hospitality and services from the staffs... Good food with wide varites of choices and price still very attractive...I recommend this hotel if you are looking for best service at an average budget

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
GM_HiltonChongqing, Director of Business Development at Hilton Chongqing, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Chongqing during the Global Sourcing Fair and sharing your kind feedback afterward.

It had been a great pleasure to accomodate you while we hoped that you had enjoyed the Global Sourcing Fair at the exhibition center.

International class of service with great value proposition is what our team had been pursuing for. Thank you kindly for your recommedation and we look forward to your continue patronage.

Reviewed 27 May 2015

Luxurious room, great central location. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We were given helpful hints for local dining and touring. 1st class treatment let us thoroughly enjoy our stay. Absolutely Hilton quality.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Citywayne,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Chonqging and sharing your feedback.

Nothing can more be more motivated to learn that our Hilton Service had been positively affect your overall experience. Our brand promise is to ensure every guest is respected, valued and cared for. We just hope that Hilton Chongqing will always be your first choice whenever you visit Chongqing.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2015

Booked on Hilton web site but have arranged early check-in and airport pick-up directly with the hotel. Car pick up (cranky Audi) was there alright, in time… and driver was more then helpful…but his safety belt did not buckle… alarm went on… so the (40min!) drive promised a really noisy trip… At a certain point I just could not take it anymore… (he did not speak a word other then Chinese) so I have simply reached over and buckled the passengers seat-belt clip in the drivers and so shushed the alarm. The driver got really excited about this “brilliant” solution… laughing.. clapping his hands (!!!) and started phoning his friends (I suppose to tell them about it… as he kept touching the buckle and was yelling out loud in excitement!) and I, then, thought I was living in a nightmare… well… yes, until I reached the hotel!

Gloomy and dark lobby… no other guests around… I walked to the VIP check in desk where two chairs were set so I could put down my handbag, computer and coat… So I thought! But immediate reaction… was very loud yelling and shouting at me… first in Chinese… then in half-English and half the “Hands Waiving” language… until I figured they did not want me to use that area… (especially not the chairs!). I was then ordered to stand up at the reception desk and was ordered to “WAIT HERE”! Tried to explain I do have the VIP status… to no avail…. then I tried to understand what in reality it was that I was supposed to wait for. There were no other guests around… chairs were there, 3 girls were all there with absolutely nothing to do (but making sure I did not move from the assigned spot!)… so…. what is the deal here?
Well… soon mystery was unravelled. Someone came to take me up to the Club Lounge for the check in. See… I had to be yelled at… ordered to wait standing up… was not allowed to put my things down… because I was just way too special for the “standard” VIP check-in! :) :) :)
Dear oh Dear!
My room was of course not ready… so I had breakfast and a coffee in the lounge which was fine… (well…fine… but most certainly nowhere close to the usual Hilton standard!). After a long flight and even longer travel, this kind of waiting can be a real nuisance… specially if you are on business and especially…. if you had arranged it all way in advance…
The room was “little tired” and cleanliness was a real issue (it really was an issue in entire hotel!). Kettle area, besides the standard set of coffee and tea… was stocked with cups of Instant Noodles… which I found a brilliant idea. Unfortunately, it was also infested with tiny creepy-crawlies…(probably nano-ants)…so I did not go close. There were no slippers… (not even after I asked)… however… the bedding looked fresh and clean… the bathroom was small, very uncomfortable… but it was functional, towels and bathrobe were clean and there… hot water was really hot and fast… it was only for one night… I was tired… so I stayed… Crashed.
Later in the afternoon I went to explore the property. Tried to book a massage but was told to “ring back sometime in the week”… :) Indoor pool looked quite cloudy and the outside pool deck was void of any furniture. Up one corner some covered up chairs were stocked up… and I was told that if I smoked… I could just ash into the flower pots. (flowers were in those pots… btw!).
Tried to have dinner at the hotel… but only one restaurant was functioning. It had the feel (and smell) of a worn-down railway station bar… so I went to the lounge instead… where there were no warm meals (custom in China) but snack foods were fresh and displayed in alluring way yet (again!) the quality, cleanliness and the selection… was nowhere close to usual Hilton Club standard. Only two brands of International drinks were available… but it could be that I came in too late… since mixed group of (by now!) quite audacious, conceited westerners and Chinese had very loud, animated discussions with a significant collection of empty cocktail glasses and beer bottles piled up their table (as well as under???)…
It is not unusual to encounter this behaviour in a business hotel in China. Quite the opposite! It is rather customary for groups to end a successful business with a drink and a hearty cheer in the hotel lobby or a lobby bar. It is expected and desirable to see that!
Well... just as it IS expected… that paying extra for services of the Executive Room, one can find a quiet corner… relax, or finish to prepare next-day’s work… while enjoying quiet glass of wine and a snack in the serene and decorous business environment of the Club Lounge. :)
On holiday… I would gladly pay extra for a “Party” Club Lounge… Work travel is quite a different thing… however.

Nevertheless… coherence quality must be recognised and acknowledged to this place. Lack of manners and basic behaviour rules that I have experienced… were nothing but faithful and true to the overall layout of this place… Unfortunately.

Here the last “nugget” to share:

Next day the “fast check out” in the Club Lounge turned out not to be so fast after all. It must have been the shift change as I was assisted by two different girls. The first, that got my bills in order, left… so I was explained by the second… that had to wait some more… ‘till they traced down the maid… so she would go check “if I stole anything”.
Dear oh dear! One ought to get offended at such a statement… but I just could not help but being cheered and amused at such crass, bovine candour…

I read mainly “good” and “excellent” reviews about this place… before booking… so a compulsory double check was necessary as to make sure that we are talking the same hotel… Unfortunately the same hotel it is! VIP status upgrade at a Hilton is quite customary… but here… from the pictures I see for the Executive rooms of the property and pics from other travellers…(double checked… remember?) I am really not even sure that I actually got the room I paid for!
Need I say more…?

Room Tip: Another Hotel?
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank swirlingcloud
GM_HiltonChongqing, General Manager at Hilton Chongqing, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Chongqing and sharing your feedback with us.

Your comments and experience were upsetting to read, and I’m sorry that we were not able to deliver the experience you have come to expect from a Hilton property. I’m further saddened that it also impacted a potential future stay with us. Based on all the factors mentioned, I really wanted to reach out personally, and I’m happy we were able to make contact on a direct basis.

I am so sorry that we were not aware of your concerns at the time of your visit as we would have done our utmost to make it right accordingly and ideally change the outcome of your experience whilst in-house.

It saddens me to read such an extensive negative feedback, and cannot understand how so many things seemingly went adrift during your overnight stay with us – it is so contrary to positives that you also mention generally reading in other reviews.

Thank you once again for your feedback, it has been most useful!

Alan Stocker