See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Traditional, makes you understand how China was before 200 years. A club that the Chineese PM is a member.

The food was just good for me. Depends if you like Chineese food. If you love it, you will be pleased. If not, you will find something to eat.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stumbled across the china club by accident and am so pleased that i did. The setting is one of the most amazing in Beijing. From the minute you walk in to the first Hutong you know you are somewhere special. The buildings have been beautifully restored. I was entertaining friends and had arranged to go for champagne in the bar before we ate. The staff were the perfect balance between attentive and discrete. There was no problem when we wanted to stay for a second drink before moving to our table. when we did go through to eat the food was amazing. The choice and presentation are second to none. I can absolutely recommend the crackling rice with pork. If you have chance and are looking for something a little different I cannot recommend the China Club enough, I only wish i had become a member when I had chance.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I can not think of a better place to stay in Beijing, and I have stayed in many hotels in Beijing over the past 20 years. China Club is my choice for vacation stay in Beijing, but I will not recommend it for Business stays as it does not have the efficiency or convenience of a Business Hotel or a 5 Star Hotel. The staff is very friendly and nothing contrived about the experience there. The only issue I have is the very slow and unstable Wifi service, which was frustrating when I was trying to conduct business affairs online from my room.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here during the mid-Autumn festival and the hotel and adjoining club was very quiet, but nice. The rooms are gorgeous, dark wooden room dividers, enclosed canopy bed, clawfoot bathtub and along with modcons wifi / flat screen televisions. The staff was very friendly and polite as well. We booked a room with breakfast included, which was absolutely fantastic. There was a choice between Asian and Western options. The Western breakfast came with juice, coffee, toast, eggs, cereal / yogurt.

A few things that we would advise other travellers is not to eat at the onsite restaurant, which is overpriced (one bottle of water was GBP 9!) and much better food can be found elsewhere in Beijing. Also, we were a bit disappointed with the staff on a few occasions. When we asked for a restaurant recommendation, they would only suggest the onsite restaurant and said they did not have any other suggestions. When we asked if they could please arrange for a taxi on the morning of departure they said we should just go out to the street to find one. It might have been because it was mid-Autumn festival week, but taxis were very difficult to find and would rarely stop.

The China Club is a lovely place and has a lot of potential but needs to sort out a few issues with customer service first.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank LauraAisling
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Although, we had a difficult time finding this place. The whole ambience of this place was just charming. I was told that it was a emperor residence before , very well preserved Chinese courtyard, food was tasty and excellent. the service is first class. I would really like to thank Lydia of the front desk. Who went over and above her call , to arrange dinner and lunch in the room for us. She was very friendly and helpful with practical information. Made us feel welcome and had our stay wonderful. Another gem is Anthony, the manager who made breakfast conversation interesting. The place is also near the subway Xidan.which is two stops from tian an men and the forbidden city and three stops from wangfujing street and 4 stops from Chaoyang.

Room tip: There are only 8 rooms all very nicely done.
Date of stay: July 2012