USD 306
Official Website
USD 209
USD 123
  • Restaurant
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
USD 274
USD 141
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 175/night.

USD 85
USD 75
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 87/night.

USD 221
USD 145
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
1,317 results
All reviewsthe club loungeforbidden citysiji minfuwangfujing shopping areawalking distancelounge staffspecial thankscity viewexcellent hotelhigh floorconcierge servicebreakfast buffetdumplingsduckspeak englishcentral locationchinese restaurant
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for 3 night in March this year. The hotel is really close to the Forbidden City. I got a suit with view towards the Forbidden City, but due to smog I couldn't see so much. But the room was really nice. The lounge was also good, with great view.
I would recommend this hotel, and I will stay here if I go back to Beijing.

Room Tip: Room with Forbidden City view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We picked this because it was near the main mall area (10 min walk), had good reviews and whilst the hotel was comfortable, spacious, modern and ideal for day trip pick ups, the night staff definitely don't speak English. Actually most don't speak English. However there was one bell boy who was fluent and he became our savior for advice.

The only negative was on arrival. When I swiped my credit card they added an extra zero and given I did not have my smarts with exchange rates at 2350 it just didn't seem to add up. So once in the room I went online and realised I had paid 65000 RMB instead of 6500 - oh yeah that woke me up. I went down stairs and realised it was futile trying to get them to notice the extra zero from a tired foreigner. Alas, contact my bank report the error and have my travel guide sort it out in the morning - whilst many apologies were forthcoming and we accepted the genuine error it served as a reminder to be careful. Other than this welcome to china experience, you wont be disappointed with the hotel providing you get breakfast included in your package. If you don't it can be expensive. We did enjoy our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I booked this hotel in the month of April 2018 for several nights. We enjoyed our stay and would surely consider staying here again if we visit Beijing.

Location: Good location, nothing to complain about, walkable to Wangfujing street. Taxis are easily available and if not, they’ll call for you. Recommend using Didi and pay by cash if you do not have a Chinese credit card. Walkable to Forbidden City et al. Google Maps does not work so use Apple Maps. If you do not have an iPhone, then you do not have an iPhone.

Check-in/out experience: Average, nothing great. I checked in late at night (around 1AM) and it took them about 20-25 minutes to check me in. Check-out was smooth.

Staff: Overall the staff are well trained and know what they’re doing. Special call out to the concierge staff who were absolutely amazing. Their knowledge of the city and their willingness to help made our stay extraordinary. The day we went to the Great Wall it was about 8:30PM by the time we got back after a 15KM trek and had little or no energy to go out again for dinner. We’re vegetarians and honestly there is nothing much within the hotel apart from a few standard options like a tomato mozzarella panini and a margherita pizza. The concierge staff were so accommodating and worried about what we’ll eat one of them used a local food delivery app and ordered us some of the best food we’ve eaten in Beijing. That was one personal touch I would never forget.

Food: Reasonable five-star quality but we struggled as vegetarians but plenty of other options in Beijing. However, breakfast is a different story and its elaborate. In fact, one of the best breakfasts I’ve eaten in any number of five star hotels across the globe.

Cleanliness: Reasonable five-star quality. No complaints. Housekeeping was punctual and good at their job.

Room: We did not take the Forbidden City view rooms as we used to spend more than 12 hours each day outside but I’ve heard the views are good. Our room was alright, again, reasonable five-star quality – good space, clean, sizeable bathroom, all basic amenities etc.

Highlights: The décor/design of the hotel lobby is very unique, hats off to the one who designed it. Like I mentioned before the concierge is why we would stay here again. Breakfast, amazing spread. Overall its value for money compared to some of the other five-stars in the vicinity but who knows, may be they're better.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So this place is ok. We got “upgraded.” Although we got a Forbidden City view, we only had 1 bed. Which was, well. Kind of small. Also in the morning, there turned out to be some bloodstains on the bed sheets. It was NOT us. It looked as if it were washed but even then, sleeping on stained sheets.... not fun. Especially if it was stained with blood. (Barf*). The hotel has a wide variety of food. But I did not have a fun trip in the bathroom afterwards. The location is great but the hotel itself, not so much. I mean, the staff seems ok.... maybe my standards are too high.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
ollie l, Manager at Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Warmest greetings from Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing Hotel.

Thank you very much for staying with us.
As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately not met your expectation during your recent stay which you mentioned. We are so appreciated that you can share all these specific comments to us so that we can find the problems we have and do more training to our staffs, and then we can serve you all valued guests more carefully, thoughtfully and professionally.

We are looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I could be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights during a sightseeing trip to Beijing.

Good:
The hotel is nice and smells lovely. We booked a club room which gave us access to the lounge. For all except one day the lounge was closed for repairs and moved downstairs which made happy hours chaotic. Included breakfast had lots of options. Overall the staff was friendly and helpful. The spa was priced well and had a good aromatherapy massage. This hotel is family friendly and has a good location. Walking distance to good shopping areas and also a convenience store across the street. The Elite member staff reached out to me prior to the stay to ask if we needed anything and I was able to schedule train station transfer easily.

Bad:
There was one front desk person named Katrina who was not helpful when we came across counterfeit money that may have come from their exchange machine. She spent most of the conversation ensuring I understood it was probably something I did. When the lounge was closed, having it downstairs was chaotic as mentioned previously.

Room Tip: Get a club room
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family