Beijing Hotel
  • Restaurant
USD 564*
USD 361*
1,199 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Doesn't deserve some of the bad reviews in my opinion.
The checkin anbd check out were both efficient. The reception staff were formal and their English wasn't all that good but they did a decent job.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Our bathroom needed some redecoration and the bath was slow to fill.
The lifts were remarkably quick and efficient, quite important with nearly 20 floors.
Internet is up to £12 per day and wired only. I think a hotel like that should provide it for free.
Meals were ok. Breakfast had plenty of choice both Chinese and Western and the buffet lunches and dinner were both better than ok. The habit of removing a plate if you as much as put your fork down takes some getting used to and was a bit annoying.
The location is not only central but there is a metro station right outside and their system has some lessons to teach the one in London. All rides 20p!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This was one of my worst hotel stays ever, and I've stayed in A LOT of hotels. It came recommended by some local Chinese colleagues who felt its proximity to our offices was ideal - NOT! Although the hotel itself is centrally located and just next to Wangfujing, the main downtown shopping area, the service is horrendously rude and lacking in any semblance of graciousness, the rooms were dirty and in very poor condition, and apparently, at this hotel, a non-smoking room is immediately made valid up by taking away the ash tray and spraying some air freshener in the room. And they told me that they didn't know that this was not acceptable to me - WTF???

I can't begin to tell you what a nightmare this place is. The staff can't understand even simple English instructions. There were cheerios left behind by the guest (or maybe several guests) before on the carpet and I went down to ask them would they kindly vacuum the floor. At the same time, I asked for one small square face towel and for them to open the safe because I had accidentally locked it while disinfecting the place with Dettol wipes because everything was so filthy. I don't think I asked for anything out of the ordinary, but I get back to my hotel room over 10 hours later at night and none of the 3 simple things I had asked for was done. I was pissed and called up the front desk and asked to speak to their manager. He was pretty much useless and didn't understand me even when I asked him a simple question like "Do you think I gave you enough time to complete my requests, yes or no?" - no response. Man was I frustrated!

It was only on my way to the airport a few days later that the taxi driver told me that this was a government-run hotel and the staff are rude and have a couldn't-care-less attitude cuz they get paid no matter what and there is virtually no quality control. The people at this hotel epitomizes the worldwide notion that the Chinese are rude and crass. When I told the front desk manager that there were people smoking on the non-smoking floors (the 9th and 10th floors) he said that he had no control over - with extremely bad attitude, with a disdainful toss of his head like it was none of his business. WRONG ANSWER! What kind of warped attitude is that? Even a junior level staff in a reasonable hotel would tell their guest to alert them immediately the next time they discover someone smoking on a non-smoking floor and they would rectify it immediately.

I don't recommend anyone stay at this hotel unless they are into some filthy form of sado-masochism.

Room Tip: Just one word of advice - DON'T GO THERE!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank LiterateItinerant
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I have stayed here several times. It is a great location for you to see most of the major tourist sites in Beijing. You can walk to most of them, and have a safe night shopping trip as well. Great for groups, easy access, and friendly service.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2011

+ very big rooms
+ cheap Internet access in the room
- Rooms were not in any good condition. Most carpets (in rooms and corridors) need to be replaced. They were full of stains. So were the furniture in the rooms.
- The staff at the reception are just rude, unfriendly, and not professional. We waited more than half and hour to be get to the check-in desk and after that they couldnt find our booking for another half an hour!
- Toilet in the room was always clogged. Very disgusting.
- They were trying to save on toilet paper! So two half ones in the room. Good luck if you needed more.
- A coffee in the hotel would cost you 8 Australian dollars!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I'm not too sure why this hotel has a 5 star rating: rooms are mediocre and extremely boring, breakfast is always the same and nothing special, prices of drinks in the hotel bar are way too high for what is offered. Service is limited and sometimes even quite bad (stand in line for more than half an hour for check in).

It shouldn't be too hard to find hotels in Beijing that are much better than this one.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business