USD 306
USD 161
USD 85
USD 75
  • Restaurant
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
USD 251
USD 145
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 173/night.

USD 427
Priceline
USD 209
USD 183
  • Pool
All reviewsforbidden citybeijing hutongboiled eggsminute walkairport pickupquiet hutongdecent breakfastwestern hotelsyogurttienanmen squaresubway stationnoodlesdongsidriveralleywallchina
Reviewed 18 June 2007

I read the good reviews of Sihe but was still nervous about it. I can't express how great it was! The setting was authentic, the room was gorgeous (we stayed in a deluxe room), and the staff were genuinely interested in helping us. Each morning we ate our breakfast
in the patio. It was the perfect retreat. I loved walking down the little alley (hu tong) that lead to the hotel.

Do not hesitate to stay here. The only problem you will have is with taxi drivers being able to find the place. However, if you have the hotel phone number, the drivers can call to get directions. Also, once you get there it is better and much easier to use the subway system in Beijing. We discovered that many cab drivers couldn't read or were unwilling to drive shorter distances (a problem we didn't encounter in Shanghai).

Finally, we booked the hotel through Sinohotel.com and did not have any problems.

• Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank kikiriki23
Reviewed 6 June 2007

Just got back from a 2 nights stay. It is really a gem of a place. Not for those who wants a big hotel buffet breakfast and a glitzy lobby. Location is very central, yet, atmospheric, has cable TV and internet , rooms are clean and air-con works well, shower and bathroom very clean, we liked the firm bed mattress. Beautiful bed and furniture we wish we could take home! Staff very helpful, and if you want to go to the Great Wall, get their driver Mr Lu, calm and competent driver, clean, nice smelling car - that's not always the case in China!. Also, try booking the dirver directly with the hotel, you'll probably save a bit on the cost than trying to book through your agent/ website.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank yvonne06
Reviewed 4 June 2007

The Sihe hotel is a real gem !

This was my first stay ever in Beijing and I had to be there for a week.
My first idea was to book a room at one of the larger and well-known hotels, where I would certainly find a good enough room ( and without any local charm ).

Looking at the reviews of trip advisor however, I decided to try my luck at this smaller hotel and I haven't regretted this decission at all !

I booked myself one of the two "executive" rooms. These are very spatious and have direct access to the central courtyard. The furniture is Chinese (be assured the bed is long enough for westerners of more than 1m80 ;-) and gives you this splendid local charm I was looking for.

Although the house itself dates back to the days of the Quing Dynasty, the hotel offers all modern luxuries: clean room, bathroom with bath and western toilet, internet access, the works...

There is no buffet-style breakfast, but every morning you can choose between four kinds of breakfast (two being western-style and two being eastern-style). The offered choices change every two days.

The staff is very friendly and helpfull. Their English is also more then adequate.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank JanDeconinck
Reviewed 24 May 2007

I had a some qualms about adding another great review, but...this is a unique, intimate inn from the Qing Dynasty, right in the middle of a residential Beijing hutong not too far from Wangfujing and the Forbidden City. There are only a few rooms, each different, outfitted
with traditional furniture surrounding atmospheric garden courtyards in gracious Chinese style. Once you enter it's truly a different world from the noise, pollution and hectic pace outside. You feel like you're stepping back in time to a Beijing that is rapidly disappearing.

The rooms include a free internet hookup. Minibar and laundry prices are extremely reasonable, rooms are clean and comfortable, the plumbing is modern and works well, the staff is great, you get a simple, yet homemade breakfast, you can rent bikes...what else can I say?

Obviously if you are looking for a large hotel with room service, restaurants, shopping and glitz, this isn't the place to stay. I also
wouldn't recommend it for those who have trouble walking or getting around since there are steps and thresholds to navigate. But if you're even a little bit adventurous you'll find it a rewarding experience.

As other reviews have mentioned, taxi drivers tend to puzzle over the address, even using the hotel's address card. I opted for the airport pickup on arrival -- pricier than a taxi but absolutely hassle-free. When returning to the hotel by taxi I suggest getting dropped off at the intersection of Dongsinan and Dengcao Hutong and making the short walk to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
5  Thank voito
Reviewed 22 May 2007

My wife and I spent one night at the Si He Hotel - May 20th 2007. I wish we could have stayed longer. We booked a package tour from Hong Kong with Dragon Air. The package took us to the Park Plaza for the first two nights. This hotel is about a 5 minute taxi ride from that hotel.

The Si He is a bit hard to find, but once you've arrived it really is an oasis. The rooms are spacious and have AC, TV and mini bar. The courtyard is a great place to sit back and have a beer of a cup of tea. I'd recommend stopping at the cigarrette store at the top of the street. My wife and I bought 3 Tsing Tao beers and 2 ice creams for 10 yuan! The breakfast is served by the plate - eggs, bacon and toast along with juice and fruit. The breakfast is not great.

My only complaint would be that the bed are a bit hard, but that is a matter of personal choice. If you're looking for a unique experience and are willing to live w/o room service and other full service facilities - gym/pool etc I'd recommend giving it a go.

Lastly, the staff at this hotel are excellent. The housekeepers and front desk staff provide a level of service that 5 star properties would be proud of.

Good luck in your travels.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple