“Apartment style Rooms - Nice Hotel”

and 1 more site!
Beijing Century Towers
Ranked #678 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 14 September 2015

My flight got 2 hours delayed when I was flying from Chongqing to Beijing. I reached this hotel at around 1:30 early morning and was very pissed off.. however when I checked in the room I felt so relaxed and I could have a very good and sound sleep.. Very good room service, Perfect for a family or group of friends. Many shopping malls around. But could not find any Indian Restaurant in the radius of 1 km. anyways overall a good hotel to stay.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms, nice view from 23rd floor
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed in century towers for two months this past summer and after the first couple of weeks, a rotting smell began to seep through the apartment. After having cleaned everything in the apartment, it was clear that the smell was not going away. Our roommates and I identified the source of the smell so we called a mechanic to come up to investigate. Imagine his surprise when he pulled out a foot-and-half long rotting fish found behind our heating vent.
The mechanic proceeded to point to the drainage pipe outside the window - I don't speak Chinese but it looked like he was trying to explain how the fish might have accessed our room. Beijing is a crazy place, but I'm fairly confident that fish do not rain down from the sky and find their way into your heating unit via drainage pipes.
But we're still unsure.
Perhaps the previous occupants left a surprise for us before they left, or someone gained entry to our apartment during our stay to pull a prank - neither explanation is particularly comforting.
Besides the olfactory torture I endured during this episode, century towers is an adequate place to rest your head at night. If you're looking to maintain good hygiene, this is not your place.
But make no mistake, raining fish might exist. The struggle is real.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank shadowfaxtrotter
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Positives:
* The room was large. A 3 x bedroom apartment with two bathrooms, lounge room area, kitchen and 3 x balconies
* The room was clean (once you looked through the "tiredness" of the room) and was cleaned daily..
* Close to Subway (Shuangjing Station - Line 10)
* Price (we had 5 x people - 3 x adults and 2 x children) and the price was a little over $100 per night.
* 7eleven downstairs, McDonalds, Starbucks, Shopping centre across the road.
Negatives:
* The place is old and tired.
* The staff are not very friendly and have very limited english, but it was not an issue for me as i did not really need to communicate with them.

I have stayed at much better accommodation, but would come back due to the size of the apartment that houses an entire family for cheaper than 1 x hotel room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AussieMick73
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Actually it is not a real hotel, but more a serviced apartment.
The rooms are very spacious, which itself is great and it was more or less clean, but the sink was dripping, the toilet paper holder was attached to the wall with scotch, but the worst was the staff. horrible, unfriendly people. No service at all and you always get the impression that they are pissed or in a bad mood.
So if I should go back to Beijing, I will definitely stay in another hotel.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Coming from someone who has pretty high standards, I didn't think that this place was THAT bad. I stayed here for a month in August/September.

The apartment itself is very large - even for two people. However the apartment itself is not in ideal condition. Wallpaper is falling off, the bathroom has stains all over it. Worst- all of the air conditioners leak, in fact they have signs that say that they will leak. I woke up one morning only to find a puddle near my charging iphone (disaster waiting to happen.)

The kitchen was such a scary mess that I kept the door closed for the entire month that I was there. I was afraid that I would see a rat or worse (fortunately I never saw one.)

The location wasn't bad, it's literally several hundred feet away from the blue line which is necessary because it's an AWFUL location to catch a taxi.

The front desk is really lacking in English so if you need help, good luck. They also charge you if you run out of toilet paper before maid service comes and they charge for you for electricity that you use upon check out.

I would also suggest that YOU DO NOT use the GYM. I think I got asbestos poisoning just from exercising for 30 minutes. It was so disgusting - moldy and huge rat traps with machines from the 1980's.

There also isn't any food available ( that a westerner would want) in the hotel. There's a mall across the street with a grocery store, Seven 11, Pizza Hut, etc.

Overall, I survived staying in this place for a month and I am pretty high maintenance (but can be flexible.) It's not the end of the world, and I did feel safe and comfortable, I would just never stay here for more than month if I didn't have to.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo