“could be much better”

and 1 more site!
Beijing Century Towers
Ranked #538 of 6,531 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Actually it is not a real hotel, but more a serviced apartment.
The rooms are very spacious, which itself is great and it was more or less clean, but the sink was dripping, the toilet paper holder was attached to the wall with scotch, but the worst was the staff. horrible, unfriendly people. No service at all and you always get the impression that they are pissed or in a bad mood.
So if I should go back to Beijing, I will definitely stay in another hotel.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Beijing Century Towers

Reviewed 31 December 2011

Coming from someone who has pretty high standards, I didn't think that this place was THAT bad. I stayed here for a month in August/September.

The apartment itself is very large - even for two people. However the apartment itself is not in ideal condition. Wallpaper is falling off, the bathroom has stains all over it. Worst- all of the air conditioners leak, in fact they have signs that say that they will leak. I woke up one morning only to find a puddle near my charging iphone (disaster waiting to happen.)

The kitchen was such a scary mess that I kept the door closed for the entire month that I was there. I was afraid that I would see a rat or worse (fortunately I never saw one.)

The location wasn't bad, it's literally several hundred feet away from the blue line which is necessary because it's an AWFUL location to catch a taxi.

The front desk is really lacking in English so if you need help, good luck. They also charge you if you run out of toilet paper before maid service comes and they charge for you for electricity that you use upon check out.

I would also suggest that YOU DO NOT use the GYM. I think I got asbestos poisoning just from exercising for 30 minutes. It was so disgusting - moldy and huge rat traps with machines from the 1980's.

There also isn't any food available ( that a westerner would want) in the hotel. There's a mall across the street with a grocery store, Seven 11, Pizza Hut, etc.

Overall, I survived staying in this place for a month and I am pretty high maintenance (but can be flexible.) It's not the end of the world, and I did feel safe and comfortable, I would just never stay here for more than month if I didn't have to.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I have visited Beijing with my family and a Chinese friend and she had booked this accommodation for us. It was a fairly big apartment with 2 bedrooms, one big living room, dining area and a kitchen. We was a very pleasant experience because the apartment was furnished with varied electrical appliances and we need not to request for anything or make a deposit or pay for any auxiliary service. The apartment was very clean and nicely kept. The kitchen was fully equipped and had whole set of kitchen appliances. However, the rooms did not have any good view from the windows. Though, the hotel lobby was not so impressive.
I did not have a chance to interact with the hotel staff much because all the communication was done by my Chinese friend but the non-verbal interaction was very friendly. So, it is difficult to comment on their hospitality. Anyway, language was certainly a barrier in the Hotel.

The Hotel is located on a main road. Opposite to the Hotel, there is a big supermarket which can be reached by crossing through a pedestrian bridge. Nearby, there had been many restaurants and fast food joints so, in all, that was a very convenient location and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank reet021
Reviewed 14 September 2011

At first glance this hotel didn't seem to bad but as time went on it got worse and worse! DO NOT STAY HERE!

The maid comes once a week, and every time something has gone missing. In my room alone food, paracetomol and money has been taken. Also have spoke to others who mentioned small items and bits & pieces have disappeared once the maid has been!

In addition to this, the apartments/rooms are very dirty and in dire need of an upgrade. The air conditioning broke about 3 times in the first week there, and the bedroom blind broke on the first day.

The air conditioning was fixed but I did have to ask twice and the entire time the receptionist was rude and laughing at me with her chinese colleague. When I complained about the blind I was told to 'go to my room' and expected someone to turn up to fix it but to no avail.

I ended up asking a further 2 times on different days before someone came to eventually fix it. In addition to this the hotel offers no safe anywhere on the property, which it really would benefit from especially with the housekeeping staff it employs.

Also if you rent a room/apartment with the kitchen, most of the crockery is unusable, plates are stained with burn marks and our saucepan had a nice layer of orange rust sat on the top.

Washing machines are also temperamental and are not reliable at all! I do not like to give a negative review, and you will see from my other positive reviews for places I do not expect luxuries when staying at a reasonably budget property but this was ridiculous.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Zulucherry
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The room was unkept: Black marks all over the wall, Broken blind and the powerplug in my room was hanging off the wall. The furniture was stained and broken and the room had not been cleaned upon arrival.

Reception is not helpful at all and speak limited English and are very rude. My roomates and I phoned several times to get the internet fixed and the room cleaned only to be waiting around for several hours with noone turning up.

As for the cleaning staff, they steal things (from food to paracetamol and money) -- make sure you bring a suitcase with a lock on it and use it as a safe (as the apartments don't provide them)

Really disappointing apartment and ruined my trip in Beijing. The only good thing that can be said for it is the local as it is in the middle of the Central Business District and is a 2minute walk away from the tube station.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends