3,146 results
All reviews jinbao tower forbidden city club room subway station walking distance buffet breakfast minute walk exit c night market excellent location concierge staff an upgrade stayed here for nights central location taxi driver superior room free internet
Reviewed 18 July 2018

We stayed a total of 8 nights in two connecting rooms (king and two doubles) on a higher floor on the non-street facing side (very quiet rooms). The rooms were large and nicely appointed. The area is very safe to walk around. We found the hotel to be very conveniently located in central Beijing making visiting sites extremely easy. A metro entrance is literally around the corner from the hotel. We found the hotel to be very helpful, friendly and accommodating, trying their utmost to provide excellent service though our command of the Chinese language is poor and our translating app failed to work on occasion. The concierge even ran out of the hotel to catch us as he noticed that we took a wrong turn after asking him for directions. Unexpected touches included lovely fruit that was left for us on two occasions (with utensils and plates) and some small cakes on another occasion. There is a Starbucks across the hotel if you want to grab a quick pastry for breakfast, but there are also local bakeries such as Wedome within walking distance. We would stay at this hotel again without hesitation.

Room tip: Ask for higher floors and a quiet room - our rooms were facing the courtyard and were very quiet at night.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Martina G, Manager at Park Plaza Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing the comments of your recent stay in Park Plaza Beijing Wangfujing on Trip-Advisor. We appreciate your compliments and we’d like to share all of the comments with our team and we are confident that they will further inspire them and the team to even higher levels of performance.

We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and hope to welcome you back soon. If I can be of any assistance for your future leisure or business trips to Beijing, please feel free to contact with me at mfu@parkplaza-Beijing.com.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

For Park Plaza I had expected more. The rooms were very nice and so was the cleaning. It was however anoying that noone spoke english. The breakfast was great, but dinner at the hotel was not very good. At check in the tried to upsell a lot of things and told that the room we booked was very small. Not nice to hear that you are in for a bad stay.... So we upgraded....
The concierge staff was very nice and helpfull though hard to communicate with.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding to your recent stay at Park Plaza. Everyone here in Park Plaza Beijing Wangfujing takes pride to offer guests with a most enjoyable stay. I’m delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the hotel location, guest rooms, breakfast and the concierge service.

Meanwhile, as an international branded hotel, it’s always our top priority to further elevate staff English proficiency through proper training. Hotel duty manager is 24 hours available to answer any guest inquires as their English speaking is highly commented as plenty of other guests comment shows. Moreover, please accept my sincere apology for the confusion while a higher room category recommended upon your registration. It is indeed a better promotion package rate to offer every guest with a club room with daily breakfasts and additional club benefits. Your comments had been shared with the team who will take necessary action and training to avoid the future occurrence. As such, we apologize for any inconvenience may cause to you for the dinner experience, hence I would like to get in touch to discuss in detail with you, you can always contact me directly by mfu@parkplaza-beijing.com.

We hope we may have the pleasure to welcome you back once again soon and please do contact with myself directly if I can be of your further assistance. I’ll rest assure an even more comfortable stay in Park Plaza Beijing Wangfujing.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We had a very pleasant stay at this lovely hotel. Friendly staff who spoke english well. Comfortable, clean good sized rooms. Neighborhood is lively and safe. Me and my daughter enjoyed walking around even late at night. Metro station is 2 minutes walk which was very convenient. A big mall is just around the corner.

Date of stay: May 2018
Martina G, Manager at Park Plaza Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

The rooms are a decent size and very clean. The hotel is in the middle of eating areas and you can find some nice places to eat and some dodgy ones. The Lobby Bar was ok but the poor girl had to keep running out the back to get the drinks. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend the hotel.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bonnie M
Martina G, Manager at Park Plaza Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Reviewed 6 July 2018

I stayed here with my husband and my mom for a quick 3 nights. We were greeted with a bell hop that took our bags for us and showed us over to the reception desk. Check in was a breeze and our rooms were ready to go. I was expecting small rooms with not many amenities but to my surprise the rooms were spacious with even a little sitting chair where we could sit and read. The bathroom was nice size with a bath and shower combo and everything you would need if you lost your toiletry bag. The first night we woke up at 2 am because of the time difference and went down to the gym and it was very well equipped. Several treadmills, and other cardio machines along with free weights. Water and towels are provided for you in there. We did not go to the salon but I wish we would have. It looked like it would have been very relaxing. We did go to the breakfast buffet and it was the best we had on our whole trip. All the food tasted fresh and it had everything you would ever want. We stuffed our faces every morning with all the variety of foods. We also ate here one evening and the food was just as good and service was top notch. The only problem we had at this hotel was the language barrier at the bar downstairs. This is not a negative for the hotel itself because we would stay here again but the bartenders did not speak much English which was fine we were able to point and get our drinks ordered. The lady in charge of the "happy hour" didn't speak English either but just inquire about it at the front desk. The location of this hotel is perfect for the avid tourist. Shopping, restaurants, and sightseeing are all close by. I would stay here again or recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Beijing.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Martina G, Manager at Park Plaza Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding to your recent stay at Park Plaza. Everyone here in Park Plaza Beijing Wangfujing takes pride to offer guest with a most enjoyable stay. I’m delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the hotel guest room, breakfast and staff service manner. .

Meanwhile, we appreciate with your feedback of staff English proficiency, as an international brand hotel, it’s our top priority to further elevate staff level of English through proper training, hotel duty manager who speaks fluent English is 24 hours available in hotel lobby offering assistant for any kind.

Sincerely yours