“Overall good experience”

Ranked #222 of 6,520 Hotels in Beijing
Toronto, Canada
“Overall good experience”
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Me and my mom stayed at this hotel at the beginning of April which was booked by our travel agent and tour and had an overall good experience. When we arrived we were not able to be dropped off right in front of the hotel due to construction of their new subway (which is fine, the weather was gorgoues). We did not experience any additional noise from the contruction besides the norm when you stay in a large city. The rooms were rather large and spacious which was nice since we were going to be staying here for 3 nights. The beds in the room were also extremely comfortable compared to other hotels to that we stayed at on our trip in China. The lobby area is quite nice and also if you are looking for wifi access just grab a sit beside the lobby and you will be able to access free wifi. During our stay in Beijing we ate breakfast at the hotel since it was prearranged by our travel agent and it wasn't great compared to other hotel breakfasts' in China. There were eggs, sausage, ham, cereal and a few chinese dishes. The buffet overall seemed very limited and sometimes cold. Overall, the hotel is clean and safe but is definitely not a Canadian 5 star hotel, I would say 3.5 at the most.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelBug8920

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dresden, Germany
Reviewed 1 April 2011

In front of the normally nice hotel is a huge construction of the tube. This is operated day and night and is VERY loud. Additionally air con seems to be switched off resulting in temperatures around 30°C in the rooms (checked several). Breakfast used to be better last year. Service is rather Chinese spoken only.

All this is very unfortunate as the hotel itself has a quite convenient position and is in a very good shape. Rooms could be good if there was´t the crashing noise and heat.

Maybe in 2 years time when construction of the tube will be finished it might have become a go again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2010

On the surface this hotel looks good. It is very clean and the rooms are good. However, it advertises itself as an International Hotel with English speaking staff. This was not the case as no-one spoke English which made arranging or finding out anything impossible. The buffet had a fair selection although the food was generally luke warm. It is not very central and you could not walk anywhere as quite a poor and built up area. Taxi's are loathe to take you there due to distance away from the centre and they spend too much time stuck in traffic jams and do not earn money. One taxi driver charged me 100Yuen for a return journey that had only cost 25 Yuen going in! I was disturbed every night between 01.00-02.00 by internal phone calls. We are pretty sure this was working girls trying to drum up business - they hung up when a female answered but one night I was offered a 'sex massage'! Due to lack of English speaking staff I was unable to complain.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank boffin116
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2010

This hotel cannot claim to be international - staff spoke no English even at front desk, could not even use a credit card resulting in me having to make a costly call to get the bank to instruct them to take pin. Room quite nice and quiet. No regard taken of smoking rules though which was unpleasant. Worse of all everyone I was with got a stomach problem - I only ate in the hotel - the buffet style of e restaurant was poor - food put into containers and left to go cold - no covers were put down and lighters were not lit. Very disorganised staff. Getting drinks in the lounge was painfully slow and again staff did not speak any English. Most international hotels would employ staff that could communicate . I tried to get room service but again this proved impossible. - also EVERY night the phone would ring at 1around 2300 and again at 0100 - female on the end of the phone speaking Chinese - this happened for 6 nights -could not get the staff understand my request to stop this

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank E3388travel
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2010

My husband and I arrived in Beijing on May 20, 2010 and checkin at Yulong International with my tour. At 10pm that evening, the concierge directed me to walk from one hotel building to another to exchange money. The alley was dark and under construction. I tripped and fell flat on the uneven ground. The rest of my 14 days tour in China was then ruined because the XRay shown my right foot was fractured and I must wear a cast for 6 weeks. 2 nights later before we left for Shanghai, I presented my hospital expense and requested to speak to a Manager. To my surprise, none of the front desk staff of both hotel buildings understood English. They all looked at the giant cast on my foot and spoke among themselves in Chinese. 2 hours of frustation and waiting, no manager showed up. At the end, my husband was asked to leave his VISA card number and assured by 2 hotel staff "Li Qiao Ling and Xiao Yu Hong" the renumeration will be deposit into the VISA card next week. It has almost been a month since the accident and we have already returned to Canada. We still have not received any compensation and apologies from this so called 5 stars international hotel. A hotel cannot only be rated only on quality of rooms and amenities. How can a hotel that accommodates large tour groups from all over the world does not have a Manager and English speaking staff on duty? This must be true Chinese hospitality for a memorable stay in Beijing.

• Stayed May 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beijing
Yulong International Hotel
Tian'anmen / Wangfujing
Park Plaza Wangfujing
Park Plaza Wangfujing
#28 of 6,520 in Beijing

Been to Yulong International Hotel? Share your experiences!