Open today: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm

from USD 54.00
from USD 10.00
from USD 30.00
23,781 results
All reviews cable car chair lift ski lift toboggan ride burger king shuttle bus bucket list walk up steep steps private car bring water badaling section once in a lifetime take your time mutianyu tower wall
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 November 2019

Great trip to the oldest part of the great wall. They sell sugared apples near the entrance which are worth to try!

Reviewed 27 November 2019

Excellent views of the wall! You definitely should arrive early to avoid the crowds. I highly recommend you take the chair lift up and the toboggan ride down.

1  Thank travis219m
Reviewed 26 November 2019 via mobile

We did the Great Wall with friends during a long layover in Beijing from U S
Unbeknownst to me
( I didn’t do my research so I didn’t fully know what was involved in touring it )
I didn’t know you had to cable car up there ..I am afraid of heights . Very afraid!
So now I had a problem either go back sit in the airport for an over 20 hr layover
Making everyone else in the group miserable ..hygyyyy
Or muster up some courage go up there and see one of the wonders of the world !
Well I opted for the latter . It wasn’t easy getting up there ..that’s another review of its own .. but I got up there climbed a few sections ..the steps aren’t even so it’s not easy but the good part is once you start climbing steps you can climb as high as you like or as low as you want or don’t climb at all.. you can just sit under the garrett and just take in the views of the Wall from a distance .. there’s enough wall for all to see .. I’m told it spans some 26,000 miles ..
The experience is grand
We had perfect weather end of October
I would not recommend it when it’s hot because uou expend a lot of energy ..if u do go stay hydrated ..
We decided to toboggan down rather than take the terrorizing ride down with the cable car ..at least for me and my
“ height fear “ it WAS terrorizing !
The toboggan was a lot less intimidating even fun at times ..I felt better because w the lever you can stop it thereby keeping ME in control ..
Well I got down it was exhilarating ..
So Do Ii Recommend the Great Wall ?
By all means if you have time and the means .. ( not afraid if heights that is)
just make sure you fo your research and hav full understanding as to what it involves ....
Enjoy .. take lots of water and snacks !

2  Thank pioneertravler
Reviewed 26 November 2019

I was travelling with my two grandson aged 8 and 14 and they were as overwhelmed as I was, actually standing on the Great Wall.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 25 November 2019 via mobile

Spent a few hours on the Wall with my wife in September. Really nice walking up and down early in the morning before the hordes of other tourists come. Great pics...

Date of experience: September 2019