We travelled to Beijing in March 2012. The hotel is great - it is clean, comfortable and the breakfast is delicious. The hotel is a little bit far from the main tourist attractions but getting a taxi is not an issue. The hotel staff helped us get one each day. Storm Li, as mentioned in many of the reviews, is the hotel's biggest asset. He gave us cards to give to the taxi drivers indicating where we wanted to go and directions in Chinese to these places. When getting in a taxi, make sure you ask them to run the meter else they may charge you a high price. One of our biggest challenges was the lack of English we encountered. This is totally understandable as English is not their first language. We also struggled with the front desk at the hotel as they often didn't understand what we were trying to say. For hotel that caters for tourists, this needs to be addressed. Storm took us and another family to the Great Wall (Mutianyu is the best part to see) on his off day. He arranged a wonderful day for us that included horse riding up to the wall which was amazing. In general, Storm was always available and offering advice. He sat with us at breakfast and offered advice and often called the room to see if we were enjoying our stay. He didn't once try to sell us something or force us into doing anything. His main goal was to ensure that we had a great time. Storm Li is what makes the hotel great. We will definitely go back to Beijing - great people, great sightseeing and great shopping (bargain, bargain and bargain some more!) however we might stay a little more central next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing, an Award-Winning hotel, is conveniently located in Guanganmen commercial and civic area, adjacent to the new Municipal Government Office Building and is within a stone's throw from Beijing's Financial Street. The hotel is close to tourist and shopping attractions such as Wangfujing, Oriental Plaza and the Forbidden City. It is 10 minutes drive from the West and South Train Station and 45 minutes from the Capital Airport.The hotel has 322 contemporary guest rooms, including suites and two floors of Executive Club rooms, all equipped with wired and wireless broadband internet, speaker telephone and multi-language voice mail. With a 640 square meter, pillar-free ballroom and 8 other function rooms ranging from 35 to 176 square meters, the hotel is an ideal venue for business meetings and social functions alike. All the meeting rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual facilities, built-in work station, wireless broadband connection and video conference facilities. The hotel's professional meeting team will ensure every event a success.The hotel also provides other facilities like business center ticketing and tour desk, kiosk, car rental, concierge taxi and limousine service, baby sitting service, karaoke as well as a Mini Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Central Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Hotel Beijing
- Holiday Inn Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing