“Fantastic food in peaceful setting”
Review of Baihe Vegetarian

Baihe Vegetarian
Ranked #171 of 12,936 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

It is not so easy to find this restaurant but definitely worth it! It is located on a small hutong parallell to the hectic Dongzhimennei Dajie off Dongzhimen Beixiaojir and a small spotlight shines on the ground in front of it. After a long day sightseeing it took us 20 mins to walk there from Beixinqiao metro station. It was easy to negotiate the menu and everything we ordered (vegan choices) was delicious - staff were friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere of the place is nice, the food is good, but we were both physically sick a few hours later. This is not the first time i feel bad after having dinner there.
It is a shame because we enjoyed our dinner.

1  Thank clothilde d
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

The place was a little hard to find in the dark, so have a map app handy, or go in the day time.

The building is pretty cool and zen. The staff were lovely and guided me through the menu. I ended up having the crispy chili noodles. Be warned; they charge by the ingredient and portion size is HUGE.

The meal was flavoursome and filling, but a ridiculous size. I could barely finish a third. And I eat a lot. It seemed a waste to charge 105¥ for a meal to throw half away.

Still, it was an experience and probably the best veg meal I've had in ages.

Kudos to the staff for their efforts in trying.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Based on previous reviews, I was looking forward to dining here. The dining area was really nice with lots of authentic looking traditional Chinese details. I can only say great things about the service. The staff were eager to please. I ordered the KungPao Chicken (faux) and Potstickers (Dumplings). The KungPao Chicken arrived and it was excellent until I tried a few of the peanuts. They were much too old to be served. They were totally flat - like cardboard that left a rancid flavor in my mouth. So, I pushed them aside and enjoyed the rest of the dish. Then a heaping portion of dumplings arrived. After eating the first one, there was something scratchy on the back of my tongue. It would not move, so I finally reached back and removed it with my fingers (apologies for this image). Turns out it was a small piece of steel wool from one of the pot-scrubbers. While this is probably a one-time experience, I just had no appetite left. I don't speak Chinese and none of the staff seemed to speak English. I paid and left. I hope your experience is better than mine.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Found this in lonely planet guide and so thought we would give it a go we arrived at a funny time 3:45 and so we're the only people in the restaurant, although when we left there were a few more couples. The food was flavoursome, although not all had English translations. The down side was the service we were seated and after ordering food which arrived in good time we were left with no plates or cutlery 5 minutes Later a young male waiter realised apologised and brought the cutlery so we could eat the food, however only brought one set of chop sticks, we asked and he then brought another. Asked for another drink which I think he forgot so asked again 5 minutes later it arrived.we were the only people In the restaurant so they weren't rushed of there feet.
We asked for bill and were led to the till the waitress was Blunt showing us a calculator with what was to pay no please hello goodbye.
Wouldn't recommend.

Been to Baihe Vegetarian? Share your experiences!