Ways to Experience The Great Wall at Badaling
from USD 11.00
from USD 73.00
from USD 87.00
11,046 results
All reviews cable car beijing north badaling section bucket list seven wonders steep climb walk up once in a lifetime walking shoes ming tombs wall tower china tourists parts handrails height
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 April 2018

So this is a review from a few years back, but I recently went to another location on the wall. Badaling is where the locals and uninformed (read: not TripAdvisor) tourists go. I went in July, and it was stiflingly hot. I was sweating from just a short climb on the wall. There were so many people around, I could barely climb it safely, was a bit frustrating. Also they all had the umbrellas to keep the sun off. I am a bit taller that most Chinese, and their umbrellas almost caused me to loose an eye. If you are going to see the wall, take the longer ride to Simatai. Definitely worth it, especially if you have kids.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Have been to Mutianyu so decided to try this well known wall to compare. I must say it was much larger than Mutianyu and much more commercialized. So many people, but was told it was off-peak and the crowd was considered minimal!! Anyway, good experience as the cable car was manageable unlike Mutianyu and it was easier to walk the steps. Views were good, like it here.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 13 April 2018

We went with Lulu get to Badaling Great Wall. She provide the Audi A6 for my wife and me. She is professional and knowledgeable about the Beijing History. Good choice! It's a must to see in Beijing. But it's so crowded.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 12 April 2018

We loved visiting the great wall as it was on our bucket list. Unfortunately the day before our visit it snowed (for the first time in 17 years during 1st week of April). We walked 3/4 of the way to the top. A must see place. So rich in history

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 12 April 2018

I loved my visit here. For those who want to do a more vigorous climb, that is an option (to claim from Parking Lot 6 to Tower 12). For those who like to wander and have a less vigorous climb, there is a museum and other paths to follow. The photography opportunities at this wonderful site are numerous.

Date of experience: April 2018