USD 306
USD 161
USD 85
USD 75
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 89/night.

New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
USD 251
  • Breakfast included
USD 196
Priceline
3,098 results
All reviewschina restaurantforbidden citynoble courtoriental plazabedroom suitepeking duckamazing poolshopping mallclub levelwalking distanceswimming pool ishigh end mallexcellent locationcentral locationbusiness tripwangfujing streetfitness center
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been staying at the Grand Hyatt for literally 15 years - most recently probably 4 years ago. Previously, it was one of my favorite hotels in Beijing - convenient, classy, quality.

This trip has, in every way possible, shown the place is fading. Horrible experience, and I wouldn’t stay here again regardless of price.

From the first day, service was poor. Everything from a smile at the door to bringing our bags up was lacking - literally took more than an hour for the bags to be brought up. Subsequently, our key cards became flakey... I went downstairs, and was dismissed with a “oh, you shouldn’t keep your cards with your cell phone”. Re-programmed, I went upstairs ... and found the cards again failing to work.

I went downstairs to the front desk, and the woman who helped me previously told me - not nicely - to keep waiting. After waiting, she looked at my card again - oh it’s fine, I’m sure there’s nothing here - ready to dismiss me again. I said no, send someone up with me to try the key. She finally condescended to send up a bell boy who, surprise surprise, confirmed the key didn’t work.

After another hour where we were kept waiting (and called 3 times), someone came up to actually reprogram the door. I.e., the hardware here isn’t very good, and the software was worse.

Other aspects reaffirmed how poor this place has gotten - many exterior doors are locked, including the one connecting to the mall. We were soaked coming out of the subway, since none of the direct connecting doors worked. We had to run around and walk probably an extra 500 meters, in pouring rain, to get to our hotel.

Room decent, but showing age. Buffet breakfasts are mediocre - not bad but certainly not special. I won’t be staying here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
GeraldUrsulet, Hotel manager at Grand Hyatt Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear heechCCT,
greetings from Grand Hyatt Beijing and thank you for reviewing our hotel on the Trip Advisor platform.
I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with several aspects of your stay and we fell short of your expectations. The handling of your faulty door lock was not dealt with in an efficient and professional manner.

I wish we had the opportunity to meet and immediately address your concerns while you were still staying with us.
Despite this negative experience, I sincerely hope we would be given a second chance and the opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the true grand experience your are used to with our hotel.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly as it will be my pleasure to personally handle the details of your stay.
Thank you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My stay at the Grand Hyatt in Beijing was excellent. The staff was welcoming and helpful. Kyle, whose English is great, assisted me with check in/check out and also connected me to a tour of the Great Wall that was amazing. Food and service was excellent. Door to door access to a high end shopping mall is convenient. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
GeraldUrsulet, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear juliannegentrynu2018,
warm greetings from Grand Hyatt Beijing and thank you very much for your kind feedback.
It was a great pleasure to have you stay with us and we are delighted to learn of your positive experience. We note your comments about Kyle and we will be sure to recognize his efforts in looking after you. We are indeed fortunate to have great associates like him as part of our team.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I stay at this hotel when I come to Beijing for business. I saw mold in the bathroom shower in the last two times I stayed there. The wash towel is very thin and is the same kind used in a three star US hotel. If it is not because close to my company, I would not stay there. Going downhill.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear LGC888,
thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the trip advisor community and I am sorry to learn the condition of your room was not in line with Grand Hyatt standards.

I trust you have shared this feedback with our team and we will be sure to address the maintenance of this room with the highest priority.

Thank you and please do not hesitate to share this particular feedback when you next make this reservation. We will make every effort in delivering a 5 star hotel experience.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

I can't say enough good things about the Grand Hyatt Beijing. I was traveling with two friends for the 40th birthday of one of them. The hotel was able to upgrade our room in honor of the birthday, and they surprised us with a delicious cheesecake on the actual day. The check-in and check-out process were very easy, the lobby lounge is a great place to relax with tea or wine, and the pool----the pool is AMAZING. Plus, the hotel is situated in a great location--walking distance to many shops, restaurants, Starbucks, and the subway station. I will definitely stay at the Grand Hyatt Beijing on my next trip to China.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Beth C,
thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the trip advisor community.
We are delighted to learn the celebration of your friend's 40th birthday was a great success.
We look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

I stayed the hotel for one night in last weekend being impressed by the well trained staffs with high skill and good knowledge. the hotel locates in an ideal location . if you like the big scale hotel, Grand Hyatt Beijing is a decent option.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank FrankieGao

Dear FrankieGao,
thank you for your kind words. We are extremely pleased and humbled to read your comments.
we look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Beijing.